Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Take 5 Tuesday

I'm taking what I thought would be the easy way out today, but it turned out to be a bit harder then I thought. (Thanks to Take5 Tuesday for the meme.) Here goes.

1. 5 of your favorite kinds of tea - in no particular order:
2. 5 of your least favorite kinds of tea.
  • Pu-Erh
  • Lapsang Souchong
  • Matcha
  • Lapacho
  • I don't have another one to give you
3. 5 places you’ve been recently.
  • work
  • church
  • Hilton Head Island
  • Gainesville (this pains me to say on a certain level)
  • the Apple store
4. 5 things you don’t like, that most people do.
  • green beans
  • peas
  • ketchup
  • lettuce on sandwiches or burgers
  • almost all reality shows - the exception is Dancing With the Stars
5. things you like, that most people don’t.
  • mayo on french fries
  • mayo on hot dogs (are you seeing a trend?)
  • does stitching count? Most people I know love it, but "most people" could probably care less
  • knitting socks - again, most of the people who read this blog probably agree with me on this one, but the more general population think we're crazy, just ask the Yarn Harlot.
  • driving
Today was Veterans Day here in the U.S. and Armistict Day in many other countries. Both my mother & father's fathers fought in WW2. My dad's father came home, my mother's did not. Both of my half-brothers served this country, Dee in the National Guard, Doug in the Navy. Doug's son, also Doug, is currently serving in the Navy. I live in what many call a "Navy town". Today we took some time to thank those who have gone before us to protect this country and all we have today. (And no matter how "bad" things are, this country and those who live in it are still extremely blessed with things that most people in the world don't have.)

To those who have lost a loved one in any war, or conflict, or while serving in peacetime, Thank You. To all who are currently serving, and to their families, I send my thanks and prayers for safe returns, or as they say in the Navy "Fair winds and Following Seas" to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...