Sunday, November 16, 2008

Home again!

I survived the weekend, but maybe just barely. We had fun, even if the team forgot that you're supposed to WIN the Homecoming game. Oh well, it was fun to be with friends.

DF Jill and I managed to visit a couple of yarn stores. We stopped by Wooly Bully first since it was the closest to our hotel. They have some nice yarns and both of us managed to find something we just couldn't leave without. I found this

It's a lace weight merino from a company called Ella Rae. I'd never seen it and it's so pretty I just had to have it. As you can see I also found a pattern I thought it would be perfect for. I adore Ilga Leja's patterns and have a couple in my library. I might actually start this one!

From there we headed to Really Knit Stuff. I told you about this shop last year and I can't sing their praises enough. But be warned, you too might be forced to sit down and start a project that you bought the materials for while you're there. It's not all bad, I started a lovely project from Cat Bordhi's "A Treasury of Magical Knitting". I wanted to start while there since the lovely Terri was there casting hers off and could show me how the "magic" cast-on works for the mobius. I worked on it off and on the rest of the day and today and this is what it looked like before I picked it back up and knit on it for another hour tonight.
I'd love to have it finished by the last game of the regular season which happens to be a home game against UF. Well see. It does got really fast though, so maybe, just maybe it's doable.

Finally I was enticed by the sparklies and purchased this...
This photo doesn't show the sparkly factor all that well, but believe me it's amazing! It's from Blue Heron and is a Rayon Metallic yarn. The color is Curry/Copper. I'm excited about it, first because it's just so beautiful and secondly because it's so different. I'm pretty sure what I'm going to make, but I may change my mind. We'll just have to see.

So those are my pictures. I forgot my camera in Jill's car so you'll have to wait and see what she decides to post on her lovely blog.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stuff! It was great seeing you for the weekend - I see that you left out the hotel description...I can't imagine why...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...