Saturday, November 1, 2008

More ASG 2008

I left you on Friday after our first class. That evening we decided that we'd just stay at the hotel to eat since there was a nasty nor'easter storm and to be honest, I didn't want to get out in it, no matter how much I was looking forward to eating at the Hilton Head Diner.

Saturday morning we started the day off with Sherri Jones of Patrick's Woods. Sherri apparently doesn't have a website, but you can see quite a few of her lovelies here. Our project was lovely, but then I love most of Sherri's pieces. Here's what it will look like finished...


Then there's the inside...

Here's the fob we were to work on in class, only mine will have a T

Here's what I managed to accomplish...

Now, I realize it doesn't look like much, but that one wave-like stitch took me a bit of time, thank you very much.

Then it was on to a lovely lunch and a trip to the room before we headed to our final class with Rae. Every year I think Rae will not be able to out-do herself. Every year she comes up with something I love even more then the year before. This year she's really gone and done it. I love all things Celtic. And this is the outside of her tri-fold piece...

Stunning is the word I'd use. The inside is equally magnificent...

I did get a little more of this fob done in class then the other. I would have had more done but for some reason I thought the branch wasn't in brown and stitched it in the purple color. Silly me. Of course, I don't have a picture yet. I'd love to finish it first since it's fairly close to being done.

Saturday night has been a costume party, if you want to dress up and make a fool of yourself, for a few years now. This year my DF Jean, who was also my roommate, decided we should go as "pit lizards". For the uninformed a "pit lizard" is a woman who hangs around the NASCAR pits trying to "catch a ride", so to speak. (Yes, you may read heavily into that comment.) So, we put together our costumes, we got all tarted up, as Grant would say, and we headed down to dinner looking like this.

The other occupants in the elevator were probably scared. One asked if we were going as "driver's wives". My response was, "Something like that." Oh, and we'd come up with new names, Candi (Jean) and Brandi (me). Top it off with some killer shoes, that didn't make the pictures, and "cutie, little girl voices" (yes Heather, I promise not to use that voice ever again...unless I resurrect Brandi for another party, then all bets are off.) As crazy as we looked DF's Jill & Heather were adorable, see...

Here's a group picture of those in our group who dressed up.

Sunday morning we had a lovely brunch and then we said our goodbyes. Most of the gang heading to Atlanta, with one then on to Knoxville, while I headed south to home.

Yes, the weekend was a success. Not just because we had 3 wonderful classes, but because we got to hang out with friends and other women who understand our fascination with fiber and linen. Who get, why we would spend a weekend, and a fair amount of money, to sit in classes and get new projects when we have more then enough to keep us going for way too many years to come. Already making plans for next year!

3 comments:

  1. Think I want to have words with you. 'Tart' in deed! LOL

    I do have a soft spot for Treacle Tart mind you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time!

    If I ever decide to leave my husband and hit the pits in search of Tony, I want you in charge of my makeover!!

    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... I thought I was Brandi. Now I'm having an identity crisis...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...