Friday, March 25, 2011

Why Yes I Do Love Things Over The Top

I realized Wednesday while doing the finishing on this...

 that I really do like things a little over the top, tricked out, "totally MacDaddy'd out" (as one friend recently said about my little snow bunny ornament). I had decided I didn't want to frame this piece so I collected all sorts of lovely ribbons and flowers and stuff, including this sweet little beaded bird
thinking that maybe I'd use some of it, ok all of it, to decorate my cube-it. And decorate is what I did.

May your day be bright and cheerful and just a little over the top!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love the little beaded bird. The stitching is gorgeous! Wonderful finishing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore how you've finished this! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your needlework piece is absolutely exquisite! Love the delicate pink little beaded bird too. Lovely finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching is 3 dimensional looking so I think it is better unframed. (seriously unedumacated opinion there) I think it looks great all tricked out! And I adore that beaded bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet you smile every time you see this! Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an stunning finish! love the beaded birdie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job finishing this stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...