Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Late Anniversary and such

Although I didn't have it completely finished by their anniversary my parent's piece is completely stitched and at the framers being framed.
An Emblem of Love designed by With My Needle

For those who are curious about such things I used 36ct Lakeside, V. Lt. Examplar with a single strand of Belle Soie in Eggplant and Florimell Silk Floss from Gloriana Threads in Old Gold. It's all cross stitch with one thread of silk over 2 linen threads. The picture doesn't do justice to the slight variations of the Belle Soie nor the Gloriana. I'm pretty sure I've given credit before but I'm going to again. I really am indebted to my DF Melody for being willing to destash the pattern, fabric and Belle Soie so I could get started once I'd decided what I was going to stitch. I'm also thankful for DF Jackie since she let me borrow enough of the beautiful Florimell to work some of the hearts and the years in the gold. I thought I had something that would work in my stash but neither color was just right and what Jackie had is perfect. I've known for years the stitching friends are priceless and this project just proves that over again.

I did manage to finish the goal I set for DT's Alphabets in February, not that I've managed to work on it yet in March but there's still time. Another alphabet finished...
Looking at it I don't feel like I did much, but that was the goal. Here's a picture of what it looks like so far.
Hard to get a really good picture while it's on the scroll bars. March's goal is to do the section that looks blank right now. It actually shouldn't take me too long. I'm still impressed I've been able to stay on track with this one. I'm sure it can't last much longer.

I didn't finish Valentine Rose, the February block for Anniversaries of the Heart (AotH) during February, in fact I'm still working on it. I have just the year my aunt was born and a couple of initials to add and it will be complete though. My March goal for that isn't the March block, "A Wish for You", instead I'll be trying to get the bonus pattern found in the 7th block, "Swan Lake". It's an alphabet so hopefully won't take me too long since I'm getting so good a stitching alphabets. Although I'd like to stay on schedule with this piece, one block a month, even if I do it's going to take me longer than a year to stitch as there are 12 month patterns and 2 bonus patterns, one of which covers the width of 2 of the blocks.

Well and then there's the facination I seem to have with "HallowEden". I picked it up a last week after I'd finished AEoL and just keep working on it. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, mostly from RA pain, but I can sit and stitch and listen to a book and eventually feel tired. That's how I got the present finished and I'm thinking that's how HallowEden will be accomplished. No picture yet, but I'll get one soon.

That about does it. No party for the parents since they've decided they'd rather take a cruise when mom is feeling better. Still no job, but there are prospects. But spring has sprung and at my house it looks like this. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely anniversary present for your parents! I bet they will love it! Your Drawn Threads alphabet is so pretty! And spring already -- lucky lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better and sleeping well soon. Your projects look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents anniversary sampler is beautiful. The colours you used are so pretty.

    Lovely progress on the DT alphabet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitching is beautiful. I totally feel like a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emblem of Love is gorgeous!! I can't believe you're done already (even if it is "late", it seems like you got it done in a short amount of time).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa - I'm so pleased to have been able to help you out with your parents anniversary sampler - I've seen it in person and I know how beautiful the combination was. remember - you can come and shop in my store anytime LOL! Love your DT Alphabet - it is really a neat piece. I've given up on trying to get the BBD AoTH pieces done on time - I'm still on Snow Garden urghh - but it's OK - I'm keeping up with my Attic SAL and that is news for me!!!!!!! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well - maybe warmer weather will make you feel better - give your parents my warmest regards on their anniversary. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Theresa! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment... I'm thrilled to have found a lovely new-to-me stitching blog :) Your work is lovely and this anniversary piece for your parents is absolutely stunning--my favorite colors. I'll bet you can't wait to give it to them after it's framed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops, just realized you spell your name without the "h"--sorry, Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...