Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Let's Talk Books

There's a problem with the title of this post. I'd love to talk about books I've been reading that I just love and have been engrossed in, but the truth is I haven't read anything like that lately. In fact, I've not been reading as much as I normally do. I can tell this because it's the 3rd month of the year and I've only actually read five books. Yes 5, two of which  I've rated with 2 stars on Goodreads and one with 3 stars. This may have something to do with my inability to get all settled in with a good book lately and just relax.

On the other hand, I've listened to 3 books on my iPod in the last 2 months. Mostly while stitching. All from the same author and they are part of a series I've been listening to over the last year. I love them. They are just good ear candy, they're probably great reading candy too, but I started listening to them at work and I just kept along with the series that way. Plus I enjoy listening to a book while I'm stitching.

Right now I'm reading
I downloaded it to my Kindle, I think when it was free. It sounded like something I might enjoy and when I was trying to decide on what to read the other night after finishing a YA book that I had figured out from the first page but kept reading because I thought I might like the characters. You can see from my review that I had some mixed feelings. Hopefully this latest book with come with a better recommendation.

The Luxe (Luxe, #1)The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I've had a hard time deciding if I liked this book or not. In some respects I did which is why I eventually erred and gave it 3 stars. There were wonderful descriptions of turn of the century, high society New York, and some of the characters were interesting, though probably not the ones I was supposed to be interested in. However, I had a hard time liking the older sister, the good sister, the sister whose funeral the book begins with. I'm sure I was supposed to like her, but I just had a hard time doing so. This is apparently the first in a series, and I'm not sure I'm curious enough to find out if the next book deals with the characters I liked or not. Perhaps later.



View all my reviews

(Hmmm, I think there's something about me having to say how I obtained my books that I reviewed. Well I purchased them from a large online bookseller, or at least I downloaded them from there. They may have been free when I did so, I really can't remember.)

3 comments:

  1. The three books I have floating around aren't doing anything for me currently either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a reading slump this year too. I always have an audio book going in the car.
    When you find that book you can't put down let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not reading anywhere near as much as I used to. I don't know if its because my interesting in reading is waning (I'd rather be stitching?). Or that maybe nothing good is being written?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...