Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tidy mind, tidy stitches - 2KCBWDAY3

Day Three: 30th March. Tidy mind, tidy stitches. 2KCBWDAY3
How do you keep your yarn wrangling organized? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organization exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organized at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organized, blog about an aspect of that organization process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organized stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.

In some respects I'm very organized about my work, and by extension about my crafts. I have lovely containers that I store my yarn in, well most of it at least since unfortunately I'm acquiring yarn faster than I can knit it! For now I have a lovely tall wicker basket full of yarn, 2 smaller baskets full of yarn, a large round hat box full of only sock weight (but not all of my stash) and a lovely trio of baskets that my mother bought for me last year for my birthday.
I only have a picture of the pretty set of baskets since the rest is kind of well boring. Not sure if you can tell but the middle basket has all the yarn for my Great American Aran Afghan that I started back in 2009. I wish I had more of this completed than I do, but some day I'll get all the blocks finished!

My goal is to purchase a couple of these lovely shelving units from IKEA, Expedit. I'm shamelessly copying my DF Heather since I'm pretty sure this is the same ones she has in her "craft cabana".
My goal with these is to be able to then put all my knitting books, patterns and magazines together in one place and also have baskets that would hold some of the overflow of yarn.

I wish I were a lot more organized, but it is my hobby so I don't like it to be too much like work!

5 comments:

  1. I really like the three tier basket you mom gave you for your birthday. It's perfect for yarn storage but looks pretty at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog Teresa.
    Love your baskets for your wool. Beautiful stitches and knitted pieces you have done. Love the colour off fabric on Briar Rabbit, look forward to more up-dates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's the bookshelf in the craft cabana. Now, if only all the yarn and needlework actually FIT in it.... =O

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm super organized at work, and my yarn? super chaotic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...