Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Socks & hats & shawls! Oh my!

Well, it's not all that much, but I have been knitting some, as well as working on my ornaments for the exchange I'm in. I'm going to be late with the ornaments...big surprise to some I'm sure...but I'll get them done very soon and out in the mail.

Here's what else I've been working on.This is the hat I made for a little girl at my church who had to have brain surgery. She's doing great right now, but the scar looks like a big C at the top of her head. Hopefully the hat will keep her from trying to mess with it while it heals. One of my dolls decided to model it for me.

Then there's the socks. I started a pair for my dad and this is a picture as of a few weeks ago.I really like the way they are coming along. The pattern is called Masonic Lodge Socks and I'm using Berroco's new sock yarn, Comfort Sock. (The link is for the pattern on Ravelry. If you knit and you aren't on Ravelry you should be, so just sign up and by the next day you should have an invite. Seriously, it's great!)

Then there's the scarf I started after I found the pattern on my trip to NC. Here's how it looks right now.

Last, but by no means least, is a Pi Shawl.

I started it in June at the last Midnight Knit-in at KnitWitz. It hasn't moved since then. I want to do something different and I have some patterns that I'm debating about. Until I can decide what I want to do, it's on hold. Hopefully I'll decide this week.

So, you got some pretty pictures of knitting. Tomorrow maybe I'll have a picture of one of my ornaments. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Lily's hat looks very pretty!!! :) (The rest of your stuff isn't bad either. :) :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily's hat is pretty, I hope that she likes it. And Big Daddy's sock looks great! What pattern is the scarf that you started?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...