Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Off to the Wilds of WV & VA

Yep, I'm leaving for awhile to visit with family. Big family reunion this weekend in a lovely valley nestled in the VA hills. That shot is actually from the cemetery where a lot of my relatives are buried looking down into Taylor's Valley. It's wonderfully peaceful and there is no cell coverage, and the house we're renting doesn't have internet. I think I'll survive. (That's a picture of the house. Apparently my great-great grandfather - or so - built it back, way back.)

My aunt doesn't have it either, so I won't be around much. I may try to blog from my new phone, we'll see how that works. While I'm gone I hope everyone stays safe. Don't forget about me while I'm away!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip Teresa!

    Those lovely pictures tend to suggest that you will. Enjoy the family get-together as well as the chill time. No phone coverage or internet: what bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could never forget about you! Have a safe trip and safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels! I'll keep the NASCAR board warm till you return. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...