Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fan-dang-tastical!!! I got tagged!

Thanks to Kathe I get to participate in this fun fact finding mission. It was quite a while ago and I should have finished it way before now. But here goes since I'm never sure what's weird and what's random about my own life.


1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Check. Hmm… seven weird/random facts. Okay, here I go:

  1. I was born on my maternal grandfather's birthday, July 17th. He was killed while serving on board ship in the U.S. Navy in the Pacific theater during WW2 when his ship was torpedoed and sunk. There were no survivors.
  2. Deion Sanders a.k.a. "Primetime" and a couple of friends changed a flat tire for me. (It was in college and it was very nice of them all to take the time to help since I didn't have a car jack. At least I had a spare tire, even it if was almost bald!)
  3. I am a process person. I love the process more then the actual results. That has resulted in a lot of unfinished craft-like items. Yes, I do currently have 109 stitching UFO's (that's Un-Finished Items for those of you not in the know.) hanging around my house and a few knitting ones as well. No, I do not want to get rid of any of them. I like them all and at some point I'll probably finish them. If not, I still enjoy working on them when the mood hits me. I do not see this as a problem. I stitch, knit, and a few other things to relax, not to feel like I am tied to yet another commitment. That may be a weird fact, so I'm throwing it in as one.
  4. I have a very extended family. It's huge. It would be possible for me to visit almost every state in the union and be able to stay with a family member in each of them. There is even one living in China. That would be a cool place to visit, wouldn't it.
  5. My parents both have brown eyes, dark brown eyes at that. I, on the other hand, have blue/green eyes. Contrary to what my 4th grade teacher taught, this is genetically possible. Slightly rare, but possible. Probably helps that my maternal grandmother had blue eyes, but her mother had almost black eyes. I'm also fair skinned, and both of my parents are more olive skinned. As a child I didn't really look like either of them.
  6. I spoke with an English accent up until I was about 7. That would be the "Queen's English" thank you very much.
  7. I've visited 4 other continents, but I've never seen the Pacific Ocean.
How's that for random and weird?

I'm not going to tag anyone. If you feel like doing this on your own blog, then consider yourself tagged. Just let me know if you do so I can read what you wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...