Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's My Birthday & I'll do what I want to!

Here's the deal. It's my birthday. At the minute this post hits my blog I will officially be another year older.

The truth is I probably won't do exactly what I want to do all day. I have a couple of obligations, especially this evening. But I'll still have a great day. I hope to have some time to sit and stitch, or read or work on a sock pattern I have stuck in my head. I might even find time to stitch or knit and finish listening to The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next Book 1) by Jasper Fforde. I love this book so far and can't wait to see how it ends. Then I'll have to go on a hunt for the next one. I'd like to continue listening to it, so a trip to my favorite used book store will be in order, unless the friend I borrowed this one from has the next one as well. Something to find out.

I've been feeling like I need to try something different. As some of you know, I've been looking for a new job. Had to since apparently I can't live on my looks alone (HA!) and my savings will eventually run out. I've been looking for a job back in my previous field of IT. No programming for me, strictly Quality Assurance, Testing or Business Analyst. However, I still have this feeling that I need to look at other things, try something different. So I'm going to do that. I'm going to do something I've never done and honestly sounds a little crazy to me. I'm going to apply for a job that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist, but I'm also certain should. The key is to get the person who needs my skills to see the need. Oh and I'm going to work on writing a book. I've thought enough about it, so I'm just going to do it. Use this time I have to do something out of the box and see what happens. Maybe it's not as crazy as it sounds to me. Maybe it's perfectly normal. The worst that can happen is someone will tell me no. Big deal, I've heard no before. But if I don't try, I won't know what could happen. So this year I'm going to try something different. I'm going to look at things from a whole different perspective and see what blessings just might come my way.

So, if you feel the need to wish me a Happy Birthday, I appreciate it. But while you're at it, could you send a good thought or prayer my way for the outrageous (or at least it seems outrageous to me right now) things I'm going to do while I look for a job? That would be the best birthday wishes I could get this year.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - and always good wishes and prayers to you! Nothing is outrageous if it's something you might enjoy. Carpe Diem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you and here's to blazing new trails for yourself. And the JasperFforde book? Loved it and the next two or three, and I hear there's another one due soon or maybe even out now. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday again...and I want to know the job description of the job that doesn't exist but you think it should. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...