Friday, October 12, 2007

Yes, my camera does work

I've been promising pictures of my finishes. I kept saying I was actually accomplishing something, but you were just having to take me at my word. For all you know, I could have been sipping margarita's by the pool, if I had a pool, which I don't, but I could have been just drinking. But I really was working on finishing, as crazy as that sounds and as much as I'm more about the starting and not the finishing, or even the completing of the stitching for that matter. Now you have proof that I did stop stitching and knitting long enough to make ornaments, or at least something that can pass for ornaments. That being said, I'm not the best at finishing. I can, and I do on occasion, but I'd much rather stitch. So without further chit-chat and digression....
Ta-da! Can't remember the name of this ornament, but do know it was in the 2006 JCS Ornament issue. It was one I had to stitch for the exchange I'm in. I finished it as a stand-up. It can be hung as well, but I have a feeling I'll sit it at the base of my tree. I'll probably do some more like this as time goes on, Like small packages around the tree with the stitched ornaments. I think it will be a cool look.

This is Silver & Gold, also from the 2006 JCS Ornament issue. I love how this one turned out and can't wait to do the other 2. There was one before this one and one in the issue that just came out. They are a set and have to do with the song "Do You Hear What I Hear", which has always been special to my family and especially my mom. That may be why she liked this one so well. Anyway, the back is finished with this lovely deep red/brown velvet and I used a really pretty braided trim that is white and gold around the edges. I only bought enough trim for this one ornament. At the time I had no idea it was the 2nd of 3. Really, people should tell you up front they're doing a series, then I can plan accordingly. I want them all finished the same, so I've got to get back to JoAnn's to get more trim. I've got plenty of the velvet.
Last but not least, the Roly-poly Snowman. This was my "surprise" ornament that I stitched for the exchange. I love how he looks. Used some pretty cotton quilting fabric on the back, kind of plain, and then made some twisted cord from some Perle cotton in blue and white. I found out that making a round stuffed ornament is not very easy. It looks pretty good, but I think many sins are hidden by the cording.

So, that's what I've been up to the last couple of days. Well that and work and other stuff. Unfortunately tomorrow morning I'll be at a funeral. A friends mother died a couple of days ago after suffering with cancer. I didn't know Cheri's mom, but Cheri is a very special lady and friend. I'm going so she'll know we care. Then I hope to be able to finally get my long sleeve shirts out of storage so I can decide what to take with me next week. Lots to do, lots to do. Hopefully I can get the important stuff finished.

3 comments:

  1. All of your ornaments are beautiful! I may send some of mine down there for your special finishing touch. :)

    Hugs to your friend Cheri at this difficult time. She'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments all look great, T!! Good luck on getting everything done...I'm starting to worry, myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had some great finishing the last few days. That's always the hardest part for me, and I put it off forever. The ornaments look great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...