Friday, October 5, 2007

SBQ

This week's SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

What are your favorite online stitching supply sources?

I love, love, LOVE this question because it lets me tell you all about some places that you may or may not know about in the stitching world.

1. Needlecraft Corner - Drema is amazing! I've never gotten to visit her store, but I have made a promise to myself that if I'm ever in the Baltimore area I'm so there. You have to call to order, but believe me you'll love talking to whoever answers. And if it's Drema you'll find yourself having a friendly conversation and getting all the lovely stitching pretties you want. Plus she always has something on sale that you need. Oh, and don't forget to sign up for her birthday club.

2. The Silver Needle - Another great brick & mortar store that has a wonderful online presence as well. I have ordered from them in the past and have always been happy with their service.

3. Attic Needlework - in Mesa, AZ. This is one store I've actually been to, and let me just say it was worth the trip! WOW! The walls were full of great designs and the staff was fantastic. I've never ordered from them over the phone or online, but have a friend that has and had great service. They have a newsletter that's great.

4. European Cross Stitch - I haven't ordered from here in awhile, but it's another great site and I've always had great service from them. They carry a lot of the hard to find European designers, as the name implies.

5. Hand Dyed Fibers (a.k.a. Vicki Clayton) - I discovered VC several years ago and love her silks. Love the prices too.

6. Moss Creek Designs - I love all things Rae Iverson, so this is the site where you too can browse her beautiful designs. Rae and Ron, her wonderful husband, run their business from their home. They also have a lovely event twice a year called "A Stitchers' Gathering". I haven't missed a fall one yet. Rae invites two other teachers to join her and for the weekend stitchers from all over get together to learn, talk, eat, oh and we even stitch on occasion. In fact, the fall event is coming up weekend after next. (I'm actually counting the days until it's time to get on the plane and leave.) Take a look at her designs and the events. I recommend it all. I know, her designs look hard, but believe me, her instructions are some of the best you'll ever see. The only other designer that even comes close to having instructions as good as Rae's is....

7. Ellen Chester of With My Needle - and you should check out her site too. It has wonderful goodies on it as well.

There's plenty of others, but I need to stop and get to bed. Had a hard day today. Migraine that wouldn't play nicely and go away. Hopefully it's been banished though. Finally got out of bed this evening around 5-ish and made some dinner. Then sat in front of the TV and knitted on my Lynton sweater. Which reminds me....I finished the back last night and cast on the 2 front sides. So that's what I worked on this evening. I'm hoping to feel like going to Tallahassee tomorrow for the football game. If so, I'll be taking the sweater to work on in the car since the friend I'm going with offered to drive. YEAH! It looks like I just might make my goal of being able to wear it at ASG in 13 days.

2 comments:

  1. I must say I agree with all your choices!!

    Woo Hoo for ASG!

    Hugs,
    Your Roomie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the migraine goes away. I loved looking through the Moss Creek Designs website, I'd never seen hose designs before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...