Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a new year!

Ok, so I'm late, but I had things to do and stuff. (Yes, I did almost nothing on Saturday, but that doesn't count.) I'm here now with a quick update on what's happened since last I typed and you might have read.

New Years Eve and Day was spent with friends in Savannah. We had a wonderful time, but then that group usually does. Dinner at Corleone's Trattoria was amazing! (Sorry, no website.) Then we went to the show. Afterwards there was dancing on the stage as the band kept playing great music. We ended the night opening the 5th bottle of champagne in the Fox's room and toasting to the new year.(That's me at the restuarant. I look a little blurry there but I think it was the picture taker's fault and had nothing to do with the 4 bottles of champagne that had been drunk and the fact that I'm holding my 2nd Cosmo.)

The next day we all managed to rouse ourselves and had breakfast at Clary's (again no website), but you don't need one. Any local can tell you how to get there and it's well worth it. Breakfast was delicious. And yes, for those who read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, it's that Clary's. A few of us decided to opt for the trolley tour. I'd never been on the one there and it was very interesting. I would love to go back and spend more then a night and day there for a change and go on the ghost tour.

Then it was home, where I spent the weekend doing stuff. Nothing special, nothing exciting, just stuff.

A long time ago, more like a couple of years really, I decided it wasn't worth making resolutions at the beginning of the year. However, I do try to take a little stock of things and decide what I might want to try and change. So, here's my list, that is subject to change at any moment.

  • Continue to eat healthier. This is even more important now I think with the RA diagnosis.
  • Exercise more. See above bullet for the reason. I want to start taking yoga, or pilates, or something of that nature.
  • Take time to do something I enjoy each day for at least 15 minutes. Whether it's knitting or stitching I need to make sure I do something. I'm going to start posting what I managed to work on each day as a measure and to keep myself accountable.
  • Blog more. I like blogging, I just need to be more faithful with it.
  • Read at least a chapter a day. I've not been reading as much as I normally do. I love books and miss them, so this shouldn't be hard. Again, I may even start writing down here what I manage to do on this one.
There are probably some other things, but these are the basics. We'll see how I do.

Today's Count:
Knitting:
worked on Masonic Lodge socks, finished another repeat after ripping back 4.
Stitching: nothing
Reading: B is For Burglar - 1 chapter.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely hat by the way!

    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I really like your idea of doing something you enjoy for 15 minutes a day.

    I love the Sue Grafton series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T - there's a candle coming out of your head...I'm assuming that your hair did not catch on fire.

    Good luck with your goals. My first goal is to come up with some goals - and secondly, to blog! it's only Jan 16, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...