Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stitching fun

Today I had lunch with my DF Melody. We had a nice meal and then went to our local stitching store (that also has yarn for a full fiber experience), A Stitch In Time. I picked up the latest edition of Just CrossStitch after looking at Melody's when we got together to stitch at her house. If you haven't noticed, I love band samplers. JCS is running a 2 part band sampler for Sharon Cohen. If you haven't seen it, you should take a look. Both Mel and I discussed how much we liked this sampler, so today, we both picked up supplies for part of the 1st part.
That's enough for the first 3 bands. I'm trying not to start until I finish Little Green Acorns. Speaking of which, how about a picture of what that piece looked like after I worked on it through New Year's Day.
I've had some time this week to stitch and have finished the next 3 bands. Don't have an updated picture, but I'll try to get one this weekend. I'm more then 1/2 done, might be close to 2/3rds. Would be great to finish it this month. We'll see what happens.

Oh, I also decided that I needed the fibers for another project in this month's JCS. I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, so I decided the piece "Persuasion" would be a great small project to work on. Not only is it small in size, but it's all cross stitch, so it might actually get completed. Well stitched at least, the finishing thing seems hard lately.

So, a little stash enhancement for the stitching stash. Hopefully I'll make use of it soon. I'm still determined to finish some things too, but you know how those starts just look like so much fun!

2009 For Me:
Knitting:
worked on Masonic Lodge socks on the drive to & from work.
Stitching: Finished the other 1/2 of the row I started yesterday and finished 2 other rows.
Reading: B is For Burglar - 1 chapter - finished 1 last night before I went to sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Woo! I broke down and got a new Drawn Thread from Drema... Maybe I'll get it started sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Little Green Acorns, it's looking gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful Heart is beautiful...I'm so tempted!!! I may have to look at the magazine in person (oh no!). Little Green Acorns looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did have a fun time making that stash run at lunch last week - hope I can get my Sharon Cohen design started soon - I think we should make a vow to do that at least once a month - just lunch on a work day will do if we don't need a stash enhancement run

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...