Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catch Up

I know, I know, I've been very lax with my posts since Nov. ended. I apologize. I'll try to do better, but December is always a busy time for me and with working away from home it seems doubly so. It's not like you've missed much.

There's been some decorating, but not as much as what might be considered normal for our house. I finished a wreath, but haven't gotten a picture yet.

I was in 2 swaps on Ravelry. One for Starbucks. The other with my NASCAR friends.
My package from my secret pal was full of goodies, as you can see. That's 3 skeins of Laines Du Nord Merino in a lovely deep purple, a beautiful hand knit washcloth and a pocket that is holding the most wonderful smelling peppermint soap (organic and hand made). The tea is my new favorite tea in a bag. Thanks to my DF Heather for introducing me to it and for my new friend Suzi for sending me some. Then there's the book, and a magazine full of great photos (and probably some good articles, but I'm still looking at the pictures!). Oh, and I can't forget the stitch markers, I love stitch markers and especially ones that are this pretty. It was a great package and I've been enjoying everything in it.

The other big news is I finished my mobius scarf. I've worn it a couple of times and everyone who's seen it loves it.
This was made Sunday night after we got home from the show, "Avenue Q". This makes me look the least drunk of the pictures mom took that evening. I really enjoyed knitting this scarf and would like to make at least one more.

Work is good, but my contract is still ending on Dec. 31st. I'm very hopeful, and praying hard, that things will work out so I can stay. All good thoughts, prayers and other such things would be appreciated in this area.

The only other news is that this morning I went for some blood tests. My dr. wants to see why I've been having problems with my hands and some other things. Thankfully the technician was excellent at her job and there was no pain and I managed not to faint while she drained 4 or 5 vails of blood from my body. Hopefully this will tell the dr. something and we won't have to do that again any time soon.

That covers it. Half a month of news. I'll try to get some pictures of the other decorations as we get them done. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a bit worried by what looks like Frosty's head, sitting at your feet. Did the two of you have a disagreement and you beheaded him LOL?

    No, not looking too drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you get drunk before viewing Avenue Q, or afterward, LOL!! I haven't seen it, but I've heard some of the soundtrack and talked to people who've seen it. Enough to know I wouldn't want to! =)

    The scarf is AWESOME!!!

    Prayers for job...and blood test. =( Hope they can find something, and it's simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf - I also noticed the decapitated snowman thing in the picture --- is that a Floridian thing??

    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I've seen you drunk so I don't think that you look drunk but you do not look happy and you should be happy wearing that beautiful scarf! As for the snowman, I know that you wouldn't hurt any snowman on purpose so the fact that you only have the head just means that the body wouldn't survive in NE Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...