Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's almost Christmas!

And we do have a few decorations up. Enjoy some pictures.My hand-made ornament tree.My "Garnet & Gold" tree, or "The Angel Tree" as it's also been called since it has both all garnet & gold and loads of angels.

This is new. It's actually a 4' tree planted in an old wheelbarrow with some new LED lights. I love how they look, and will be switching to them as my old lights give out.
Finally a look down the back walk to the sun porch. I realize it's very blurry, but I was trying to get a picture so you could see the lights and I don't have a tripod. I need one, but don't have one. So, this is what you get. Still, you get the idea.

This year is a very tamed down version of our decorating. We got a late start and with me working and everything else we just didn't get as much done. Oh well, it's still pretty. I'll get pictures of the other rooms tomorrow before everyone gets here for Open House.

In other, very wonderful, news...it seems my contract is going to be extended after all. I'm extremely happy. I truly like the work and, for the most part, the people. Plus I already knew a few people which is great. They are extending for another 3 months, but hopefully some other good things will happen during that time. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement after yesterday's news. I'm still trying to process what it's all about, but I've already taken some steps to feel better, and it's not just the medicine. I've scheduled some time with my previous personal trainer and we're going to work out something so I can get in better shape. It's not like I haven't been procrastinating enough, but this is a great motivator.

So, that's all. Big day tomorrow and then it's Christmas! Stay safe if you have to be out and about tomorrow. I'll be going to work myself. Should be a fun day. Enjoy whatever you're doing tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fab news about your job- how's that for a Christmas gift? I know you love being there and I guess the good folks there also know when they're onto a good thing!

    Have a great Christmas and New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about your job. Your decorations are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you and I know this is a huge relief for you.

    Sounds like you're formulating a plan for feeling better and I hope you do feel better soon!

    Hope to see you Friday for more than a few minutes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tree and great news! I know everything else will work out, I'll keep praying for you!

    Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

    Ria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...