Saturday, April 26, 2008

Looky, looky

I've been trying since Wednesday evening to get this post completed. I'm slow, mainly because I've been trying to work steadily on my cropped cardigan for the upcoming wedding. My labors are paying off and at least now it kind of looks like a cardigan.
I personally think that the Tweetie shirt makes it look even better, don't you? So, I'm very happy that it seems to fit and have just kept going. Plus I've found that I love raglan construction and that this may be my sweater construction of choice from now on. No seams!!!

But more importantly then my progress is the fact that I received my package from my HP Sock swap 3 partner. I was fortunate enough to be paired with Cassandra Grubbly Plank who is also the wonderful woman who hosted this swap. She not only did a fantastic job hosting, she totally outdid herself with this package. The poor owl was a bit tired so I let him rest and gave him a really wonderful treat before I sent him back home. I opened the box and found loads of lovely pink paper....Inside were lots of smaller packages wrapped in more pink paper...Inside the pink paper was all this!A new pair of socks, patterns that you can't see, a new journal that's covered in pretty ribbons, candy, cool yarn including wonderfully soft sock yarn, 2 sets of dpn's, point protectors, stitch makers, a bookmark and I'm sure I've left something out.

Look at my beautiful socks!And the stitch markers and bookmark. Oh, and my very cool History of Hogwarts book that will be finding it's way onto my bookcase.

So, as you can see, I was very spoiled by my pal. I'll have to find the perfect pattern for the sock yarn, it's so deliciously autumn.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you like everything and that the socks fit you!! I was a little worried about that.I can't wait to see the sock you knit with that yarn I have some and I haven't figured out what to make yet I just like to pet the yarn! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on the cardigan! Can't wait to see it finished (although I do agree that the Tweety shirt adds a certain cache). You really scored with the swap package too! :) Isn't it great to get goodies in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! But what's up with the Ravenclaw colors?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Socks are very pretty - I think that you switched to Ravenclaw to have some variety in your "sock drawer" didn't you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...