Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Picture Day

I know, I've been a little lax with the pictures, but I'll make up for it tonight.

First, I'm so excited that I managed to finish one goal this month. Not that I write them down, or even really think about them ahead of time. However, when I picked up Misty Morning Vineyard (MMV) on Friday I realized I really wanted to get the arbor done around the only peacock I have completed. Well I managed to do that this morning.
A little up-close so you can see the pretty peacock and arbor. I also put in another row of squares on this side as you can see.

And for the overall view, or, now you can see how little I have done on this monster...With that done I turned to Blackwork Band Sampler for a bit today, but it will be put aside tomorrow for Traditional Elegance 2. Thursday's are my day to work on a long standing WIP, now in reality Blackwork Band is older, but for some reason TE2 has been calling my name lately. Maybe it just seems like I could finish it faster. Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have something to show you on that one.

I've finished some knitting lately. A square for the Victory Junction afghan's we're doing over on Ravelry.
I also finished the October dishcloth, Paglia.Last, and maybe the least in this case, I decided to make a "tawashi". The pattern is free and I found it on Ravelry. See you should be a part of the phenom that is Ravelry! It's crochet and took next to no time to make. The great thing is that because you make it with acrylic yarn, it's antibacterial, or so I'm told, and totally washable. So, no buying sponges or things to scrub pots with anymore, I'm making this little things up and giving them to everyone this year. This one is called Frilly Tawashi and I made it up on WVU colors, so it'll go to my mom.Isn't it just the cutest thing? There are more patterns to try, so stay tuned, I'm sure I'll be playing with them all.

I think that's all the pictures I have for now. In a few weeks I might have pictures of tiny tomato plants. We planted some seeds today and hopefully they will come up in the next couple of weeks. I love fresh tomatoes. Have to get out and clear a space for some other things, like cucumbers at the least. I also have to clean out some of my containers and put new soil in them for some herbs. Need to get some other plants, but haven't decided what else we want to grow. Probably will head to the garden store early next week to see what they have in. I love peppers, so maybe some pepper plants. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

  1. How cute is that tawashi?? I totally want to make one now! And that peacock is just lovely. How big is the piece? It's tough to tell from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love your MMV! It is stunning!

    Love your knitting too. I don't have the patience for that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all lovely, you made great progress on MMV

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMV is beautiful!! Great progress. Can't wait to see TE2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh...that peacock about knocked my eyes out of my head, it's so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...