Saturday, March 22, 2008

One year ago today!

Can you believe that one year ago today I started writing this blog? My how time does fly. It's been an interesting year, but I have to admit that I hope the coming year is much better then the last one. So, Happy Blogiversary to me!!!

In stitching and knitting news there really isn't much to report. I've been working on another gift, the coffee "Slingshot". I'm hoping this will work out well. If so, then I think I'll make a few to give to some of friends from church. Stitching wise I've kind of stopped working on different things every day and am trying to finish a sampler that I started in 1995, yes, that sampler. I'm halfway done with the pulled stitches on the right side. That means I have the pulled on the left side and some beads to put on and it's finished. I so want to get this one done. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow I'll have some time to work on it and finish so I can take some good pictures.

Speaking of pictures...I think I owe you all better pictures of my Chocolate Zombie socks.
I'll leave you with some pictures of the azalea bushes at the side of our property. This year they seemed to be so full of blooms that they look like waterfalls of pink.My dad's lemon trees are also blooming. I can't send you the amazing scent, but I can send you a picture, or two, of the blooms.They are so sweet smelling. If you've never smelled citrus blooms you have no idea what you're missing. It amazes me to think that these small blooms will develop into large lemons. Not the small ones those of us in the US are used to seeing in the grocery store. These are large and full of juice.

I leave you with a butterfly in the lemon tree, enjoying a wonderful spring-like day.

5 comments:

  1. *sneeze*...beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Jill's *sneeze* and raise her a *sniff*. Happy Blogiversary to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished sampler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Anniversary. I just love blogging. Very pretty pictures of flowers. I saw your posting on your blog on Legacy board, could you teach me a new trick now to put "check out my blog...." at the end of your name. I would love to learn how to do it... my email address is ann62texas@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary!!

    Azaleas!! Ours are just starting; I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...