Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's March Madness!

You have to love this month's theme. How can you not love the idea of working on something different every day you knit, stitch or crochet? Ok, I know there are some of you that have only one project going at a time, but there are far more people who are like me and have project ADD. So far I've managed quite well to live up to the name of this project while finishing a few things as well. I actually didn't stitch or knit much most day's but here's what I did manage.

March 3rd - It's race day so that means I'd be working on a square for the Victory Junction afghan project over on Ravelry. I finished another square that day.
I also cast on for another square, but didn't get much done. I decided to do some of my squares and work on some patterns from some of my British knitting magazines. So far I've done 2 and love both of the patterns.
March 5th - Knit on the Water Bottle Sling. Didn't quite finish it.

March 6th - Knit on the Water Bottle Sling and finished it so moved quickly to finish the first of my I Dreamed of Africa socks. Success!
March 7th - Started the Coffee Sling to match the Water Bottle Sling. Finished stitching the outside of Catherine Theron's lovely Quaker Sewing Case. The picture shows the front and back to the scissors fob which I finished right after the class 2 years ago.In my world, working on the individual pieces that go inside this case will be working on a different thing. That's my interpretation and I'm sticking to it!

So, that brings us to today. I haven't had a chance to do much of anything today. I had thought I'd do some finishing work, but that may wait. I need to cast on my 2nd I Dreamed of Africa sock so it will get done. Mom has a Dr. appointment Monday and socks are my go-to travel project lately.

I'm waiting for my sock yarn to be dyed for my Hogwarts pal's socks. I'm anxious to see what they look like. A local dyer is doing it and I'm very excited. Love everything they do.

So, that's March Madness so far. Not to bad!

4 comments:

  1. Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi.
    I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

    http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome madness!

    BTW - A coffee sling sounds kinda dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look lovely, especially the socks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow!! Looks like your madness=finishedness!! Love the sock and the water sling. (And the bunny!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...