Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Knitting Happy!

I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but stick with me a minute. You see, yesterday mom had an appointment with her podiatrist. I had a feeling we might be awhile since her big toe looked really nasty, and has for at least a few months. Since Saturday I frogged my "I Dreamed of Africa" socks, I needed something to work on that was portable. Also Saturday I picked up some Rowan Calm to make the Cecily Beanie. I wanted to make it because 1) it's really cute, and 2) I thought it would look adorable with some surface embroidery around the crown as opposed to the pom-poms they show it with. (I do like the buttons, but I have a further ulterior motive.) Oh, and 3) I'm teaching a class next month on embellishing and embroidering on your knitting and wanted this to show technique and ideas. So, I gathered my stuff and cast-on sitting in the doctor's office. By last night this is what it looked like.By the end of the movie Wild Hogs, which I watched tonight since there is nothing new on TV and I didn't really want to hear a play by play of the Florida primary. (Yes, I did my civic duty and went and voted, but I really don't want to hear other people tell me what happened and what was said and what it all means. The whole 24 hours news thing sometimes really gets on my last nerve. Especially since they are all focused on the national stuff and of course have little to say about the part I really care about, the amendment to our state constitution.) So, with only reruns on the networks thanks to the continued writers strike, I was down to my last movie from Netflix. Thankfully it was just long enough for me to finish the knitting and...wait for it...the finishing. No, I didn't get it embroidered yet, but it's all put together ready for me to figure out what colors to use and what to stitch on it. I put it on, but my camera wasn't around, so no picture yet. I'll take one when I get the embroidery done.

I have to say that I'm very happy about this. I finished something. Which reminds me. On my SBQ answer I said I hadn't had a happy dance so far this year. No true. I have had one, I just can't show it to you since it's a surprise for my friend who's birthday was MUCH earlier this month and I don't have things all done to send her the package...but it's coming Jean...I promise!

So, now I'm off to crawl in bed and read and hopefully sleep. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully it will be even more productive then today was!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish, but what a tease you are!! Telling us you finished something and then not giving us a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!

    And I totally agree with Jill! =}

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think you're fed up with the US Primaries? We're getting a blow by blow account on TV and in the press and we don't get a vote!

    Glad to hear about the Happy Dance... look forward to seeing you perform that someday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I just look on it as having my birthday last a very long time... I get to enjoy it more than I expected! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...