Saturday, January 26, 2008

This week's SBQ

It's kind of a depressing answer, but here goes...

Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or just point to the entry that mentions it.) If not, when do you predict it will be?
No happy dance in the stitching department yet this year. At the rate I've been stitching, which is very little, I have no idea what my first HD will be in 2008. Seriously, I haven't been stitching, it seems the mojo has left the building. Which is very strange as January is "Guilt-free" month. Seriously, you'd think I'd be starting things all over the place. I've certainly got plenty of stash to do a bang up job, and yet, I can't find my stitching mojo. I've tried, but every time I go to pick something up, it just isn't speaking to me. So I end up knitting. Oh well, at least I'm making progress on something.

3 comments:

  1. The mojo will return. Sometimes it's just a matter of varying interests. I too am knitting more than stitching right now because I'm finding it more challenging since I don't have the level of expertise there. I have, however, started my ornaments for the exchange. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just enjoy whatever you are working on and let the finishes take care of themselves. I think we get so caught up in seeing others have finishes online that we start to feel inaduquate. I know I sometimes cannot believe how many finishes some people make. It brings questions to my mind about why I am slow. I told myself this year would be a year to enjoy each project for what it is! I am slowing down myself to really enjoy the stitches again like I used to. I am having fun concentrating on the lace pinkeep which is now done for the stitching side. I am going to throw myself into enjoying the bobbin lace side now. So my advice? Your stitching mojo will return when you slow down and enjoy each stitch.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilt free means totally guilt free - not just guilt free project starting...so stop the guilty talk and just enjoy whatever it is that you want to enjoy at that time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...