Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday already?

Not sure where the week went. I do know that I accomplished a few things, but don't really feel like it was all that much. And now tomorrow is Friday. Unbelievable.

I'm fairly certain everything is o.k. with my dad. Just to make sure I think I'll call the doctor's office tomorrow, but since we haven't had a frantic call from the good man, I'm not all that worried. (This is the same doctor that called, yes the DOCTOR called, to tell my dad he had to go to the hospital and then told me why when my dad tried to talk him out of it. My dad is nothing if not adverse to being ill.)

Last night I knitted on a small surprise I've been working on. I wish I could say more, but the recipient might actually read this, although I'm not sure she has internet service right now, but better safe then sorry. I've got another evening of knitting that that should be complete and I can get the square where it needs to go. Then I need to work on my sweater and some ornaments. Received an invitation to a holiday party the day after my aunt & uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. The party is at their house and is usually for all my uncles brothers and sisters, he has like 11 I think. Anyway, we'll be there, so I need to have an ornament for the exchange. Thought I'd knit one from stash. No one else will have one and it's kind of free so fits the $5 limit.

Tonight was UFO stitching night. I was good and pulled the sampler from 1995 back out. I now have about 1/2 of the last band complete. I'm estimating that 2 more Thursday nights of 8 - 11 PM t.v. viewing and I'll be ready to do the pulled work on this one. Since next week is Thanksgiving, I might get some extra stitching time and get it finished. That would be wonderful! I've pretty much decided to pull my "Winter Garden Gate" back out and work on it for UFO stitching. It's not as old, but it's fairly close to being completed, plus it is seasonal. Double dipping in a way, but hey, it works.

Finally, I refer you to Deanna Raybourn's blog. Her entry today is just wonderful and I agree totally with her. I'll give you a hint, it's about People's 50 Sexiest Men issue. Really you must go give it a read. Oh and if you don't know who Deanna Raybourn is you should check out her 1st book "Silent in the Grave". I loved it. Have it in hardback and it's one I won't sell at Chamblin's to support my reading habit. It's out in paperback, for those who don't like to wake up to a heavy book falling on your face. (These things happen and I'm not proud of it, but it's life and you learn to deal...mainly by taking your glasses off to read so you don't break them.)

I think that's all the news fit to write. I could tell you about my day yesterday that wasn't all that terrific, but I'm trying to put it behind me. Not to mention I have decided that some people just aren't going to change their minds because that might cause them to have to put forth additional effort, or, heaven forbid, it might mean "conflict" and we just can't have that. So, I will just wait and see and if things don't change I may decide it is time for me to make a change.

3 comments:

  1. {{{Teresa}}} Am hoping stuff in your last paragraph gets better. :) Think of fluffy bunnies and wool. Or angora that comes from the fluffy bunnies. Yeah, that's it. Angora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope it's OK for me to add you to my Google reader so that I can pop back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa,

    If you would like to email me at nancystitches@gmail.com so that I have your email address I'll send you the squirrel pattern. It was a freebie, but I don't remember where I found it. I do have it saved though. It wasn't a well known designer.

    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...