Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's not just retailers who do it!

That's right, I've started decorating for Christmas. Now I know that all the major retailers have had their Christmas decorations out for awhile, so I'm actually behind, but still, for many this is early. I have an excuse though...I put up A LOT of decorations. I mean, A LOT. So, this is just a small beginning.I'm giving you several different views, so you get the full effect. This is my newest tree. I started it last year, as some of my friends may remember, so I can put all my handmade ornaments on one tree. There are mainly stitched ornaments on this, but there will be some knitted ones as well and a few other techniques.

All the newest ornaments are on this year and I figured out I have 12 more to do the finishing on.
So, I've got some work to do before Christmas comes. I had planned on having a lovely hand knitted tree skirt. Please note, I haven't even begun said tree skirt, although I purchased the materials last year. If I get my sweater finished any time soon, I'm going to cast on that piece. Then I'll have to work on it some. Probably won't have it for this year though. That's a good idea though, plus the bag of yarn is taking up a lot of room in the sewing room so getting started would be a step in the direction of the bag becoming if not gone, at least smaller.

Stay tuned for more seasonal magic as things progress.

6 comments:

  1. Tree is lovely, even if it is a reminder that the "C" word is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up: we started Christmas preparations in July!

    That's life in the toy and game industry for you LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your stitched ornies are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, T! Is that Swedish star ornament from me? I know we did them one year, but I can't remember if you got one. And viewing your tree is making me wonder why I haven't done that M Designs "Joy"...or the Sweetheart Tree one from last year...or....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to see you put up some Christmas decorations, because I've been debating about putting up my tree early this year. I'll be gone the week before Christmas, and want some time to enjoy my ornaments, since I haven't put a tree up for the last 2 years. I think I'll do that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your christmas tree is very pretty. I love the cube one with the scissors. What a awesome finishing technique, wow, I wish I am that talented.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...