Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend Round-up...sort of


Friday Night I managed to finally get out and to the knit in at KnitWitz. I've been so sporadic with going what with work, being sick and just stuff. Glad I went Friday though. Managed to purchase the new Cat Bordhi book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One". There were only 2 copies left and I snagged one when I figured out what it was. Let me just say this book is so very cool. So very different...and so very totally making me want to sit and knit socks. So, Friday night when I finally got home after knitting and eating fabulous Mexican food, I found a single skein of yarn that I was fairly certain would work and did my little gauge swatch like she tells you to, well almost like she tells you to, and then started the 1st of the practice socks. I worked on it Saturday and then finished it Sunday evening. Between the book and working on my HP year 2 Sock Exchange sock, all I did was knit from Friday until Sunday. Actually I only knitted yesterday for Labor Day (what a funny name for a holiday...Labor Day and we get it off, well some of us do at least.) Anyway, it was an all knitting long weekend.

But back to the new book....I highly recommend this book. It has great pictures to help those of us who need visual aides as well as great written directions. I haven't quite figured out that very cool cast-on she shows you, but I'll get it eventually. I was too excited to really sit down and concentrate. Just had to get started on this first pathway sock. I've started it's mate, so it will eventually go to some deserving child. Just have to figure out which one.

In other knitting news. I also put together my Eliza Tank on Friday at the knit-in and got to ring the bell! I haven't posed for pictures with it on yet, stay tuned for those. Finally I did work on my Lynton cardigan yesterday while watching football. At least I managed to do something constructive during a game that for at least half of it I was not feeling the love, or the football for that matter. Let me just say that I have hopes that the rest of the season will go a bit better now that they have that nastiness out of their system. But I'm a realist and know that an almost entire new offensive coaching staff and a few months does not a National Championship make. But like my Michigan friends I have other things to look forward to in the season and I'll set my sights on those little tidbits of possible football joy. (BTW, yes, I did graduate from Florida State, so I earned the right to be a 'Nole. I fully believe that if you graduated from any school you have the right to be a huge fan. But that's another post, for another time.)

A quick stitching note. September is "September Smalls" month, which means working on any of those small projects that have accumulated in my WIPs/UFOs/Stash. I deviated from the normal Tuesday Christmas Ornament stitching to pull out "the cubie" and have a go at it. I have fall and winter side done, so opted for Summer, since hey...technically it's still summer. Managed to get a bit done. I'll try to take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

I think that does it. Happy knitting and stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Was super great to see you on Saturday! Congratulations on finishing the tank - it's so very pretty with the white, btw. You've been getting a lot done, please share your secret (love the reindeer) - only if it's "sit down and work" I'm not sure I want to hear it... sigh. Keep at the Lynton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the tank! Teeny tiny sock looks beautimous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Can't wait to see the tank!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...