Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ornament Happy Dance!


That's it! The completely stitched Quaker Reindeer by The Workbasket from the 2006 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue. All ready to be finished into a pretty ornament. I think I've already said that this was one my mom really liked when she was the ornament issue last year. I don't think I would have put it on my list if she hadn't said how much she liked it, but honestly it's so beautiful in person. The fiber is Caron Waterlillies, Copper and the shading doesn't show up in the picture like it does in person.

In other news, I think I've finally knitted all I need to on the straps for Eliza tank. I have to pin it together and make sure they are long enough before I do anything drastic. I'm a bit concerned that this is actually going to fit me. I was looking at some people who had finished it on Ravelry and it doesn't seem that anyone was extremely pleased with how it fit when they got it finished. So that's got me worried. I hope I'll have worried for no reason. I really like how it looks. Cross your fingers for me.

In other, slightly related news, I've decided on a pattern and fiber for my HP Sock Exchange year 2 socks. Not to make sure I have enough yarn before I get started. If not, then I'll have to do some quick rethinking. Need to get started soon, so I'll have them all done in time. I'm excited about the pattern. I think it will look very cool when I'm done. I love to start new things, so this will help my itch to start something new.

4 comments:

  1. Bee-yoo-ti-ful ornie!!! Can't wait to see the finished tank too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love this, your thread choice is great for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornament is very pretty. What are your ideas for backing the ornament? Your mother will like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa.

    The cloche for knit the classics is out of the One Skein Wonders book. It's pretty easy, too!

    The reindeer ornament is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...