Thursday, April 19, 2007

UFO Thursday came and went

...and I didn't really stitch on anything. Which is sad, except for the fact that I went to an event tonight and surprised a few people by being there, pleasantly surprised I might add, so all is not a loss.

Although I didn't manage to stitch, I did take some knitting along for the car ride. For once I didn't have to drive, and I was at the point on the Noro bag (which is really called Tovesta and is the Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Noro book #2) where you start on the handle/strap. So I blindly followed the pattern, all the while saying to myself, "This isn't working out the way I would have done it." But do you think I stopped and thought that maybe the pattern was wrong in the book? OH NO! I still don't trust my "knitting instinct" enough to stop until I've proven to myself that it's not right. So I knit almost the entire row, which included binding off some stitches, and then counted and low and behold...the pattern wasn't right.

To compound the problem, my cable went out today, which apparently caused my computer to barf. So at 10PM I'm on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why my IP address can't be repaired and is that why I have no Internet. Let me just say that I only resort to calling tech support when I've done everything I know to do, things like recycling the modem (which consists of unplugging it and plugging it back in, or turning it off and then on which is usually the tech support cure-all in my experience), and trying to repair the Internet setting with the lovely little programs that should do that sort of thing, as well as turning the whole computer on and off, even hard rebooted the thing. All to no avail. So 30 minutes later the problem is finally fixed (having had to actually type in command line commands. Wow, haven't seen a prompt symbol in ages, almost forgot what they look like. All this to say, I obviously now have my connection back and all is right with the world.

I think a cup of tea and the mystery book beside my bed are calling my name. Hopefully I'll have pictures of something to show you tomorrow. All these words aren't as fun as pictures.

2 comments:

  1. No internet access??? Oh NO!

    Is there really a UFO Thursday? I post UFO's but didn't realize there was a set day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hello to a fellow renovator! I just read your comment to me on Ellen's board. Anytime you want to talk renovate or stitching just let me know.

    Have a good day Teresa,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...