Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Swap...let the fun begin!

Yes, it's true. I was reading some blogs today, specifically Knitting Underway and happened across her post about this swap. I've never done a knitting swap, so I was intrigued. I mean, HP, knitting and socks, all in one place, that's a magical combination if I've ever heard of one. So off to Hogwarts Sock Swap I went and signed myself up. I was so excited to make it in since it's limited to 100 students/participants. Part of the fun is of course being in one of the houses. Having been a HP fan for a long time, that was easy for me since years ago I sorted into Gryffindor. I can't wait for all the fun to begin, but first here's the information for whoever my swap partner is.
Want to Get Sorted?

I'm
a Gryffindor!


Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?

Gryffindor!!!! (I just love the colors!)

2. Shoe size?

7 ½ US

3. Foot Length?

9 inches

4. Foot Circumference?

Average…I can measure if you really need to know.

5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

a. Crystal Palace 6-in

Let me confess that I bought some steel DPN’s for a project because I was desperate and I didn’t really like them. I’ve not tried any others, since the CP’s are what my LYS carries, and well, I like them.

6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? Sure, I’ll try anything that’s wood, and size wise, it doesn’t much matter, anything from 0’s to 5’s would be great.

7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? N/A

8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? – OF COURSE!

If you're interested you may have to hurry, I think the group was reaching the 100 mark very quickly.

In other news....I actually stitched tonight! Tuesdays are supposed to be my night to stitch on ornaments. It's not like I don't have enough ornaments to stitch either, since I rashly said that I'd stitch 3 in the exchange I'm in with my stitching buddies, and then a surprise one...for a total of 4. FOUR?!?!!? What was I thinking? I mean really? FOUR??? But I've got 1 done and am making good progress on the second as you can see from this very cute picture.




I think I've bored everyone enough tonight, so I'm off to bed to read and get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty ornament stuff. I keep swearing I'm gonna knit some for this year, but if I don't get started soon... well you know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...