Thursday, July 5, 2007

Catching Up

One of the signs of passing youth
is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings
as we take our place among them.
Virginia Woolf

I'm a bit behind with my posting, but there was this holiday yesterday around here that I decided to take and enjoy since it was in the middle of the week.

Tuesday was "Virtual Birthday" with my friends Christine, Joan, Kathy & Michele. Since every time I say this people look at me oddly I'll just explain. We've been friends for several years, some of us for more then 15, although we try not to think about it. We all worked together for "a large telecommunications company in the credit card division before it was sold". At some point we ende
d up in the Technology area and someone there said something about us having the opposite of a "boy's network or club", so we decided we'd name our nights out "meetings of The Girls Club" or something along those lines. It stuck, as have our friendships. About 3 or 4 years ago, maybe more, we decided that attempting to get together 5 times a year close to each person's birthday was driving us crazy, every has busy schedules and we all don't work together any longer. So, we decided to declare 1 day out of the year our "birthday" and exchange all our presents then. Hence "Virtual Birthday". This year, July 2nd was the default day, mainly because we had let it go so long and felt like it was now or never. We met at Christine's house, watched some TV, hung out, had some dinner which her lovely husband Ron went to pick up for us, then opened presents. The best part is seeing what we all got each other. I think I enjoy seeing what everyone else gets as much as opening my own presents. I love everything I got again this year.

From left to right you can see the travel size body sprays and the cool pottery piece from Kathy. Then from Joan a great book of knitting stitches and a bag of my favorite tea (Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl blended with Rooibos Tropica) from Teavana so I can make a cup and sit and read through the patterns, her idea was I'd pick and create a design of my own. Then a Lampe Berge and some oil for it from Christine & Michele. All items I adore.

Started working on kitting my ornaments for the exchange next week. Found I'm short some NPI silk but I think I've gotten it taken care of and will have full kits put together by the time I leave next Thur. evening. Still need to finish the "surprise ornament", so will try to work on that this evening after my meeting at church. I've also been knitting on my HP sock. It's coming along much faster then the first one did, which doesn't really surprise me. I'm hoping to have it done this weekend. I have to make my stitch counters, but that shouldn't take me all that long. If I could get that mailed out before I leave for Atlanta, that would be great. It's a goal at least. And since I have a few things to get done, I guess I'll go work on them!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...Teavanna...

    You've visited specialteas.com, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very kewl haul for your Virtual Birthday!!! I love my Lampe Berger that I have here.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...