Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day update

Memorial Day has become about shopping, but for me it was all about cleaning and knitting. I made major inroads into my bedroom. I just need to get my dresser cleaned off and I'm done. I'll do that tomorrow. Ran out of steam today.

Did manage to finish this...

Bremen Muster
in Oldfield Creek Sock, hand dyed

I love how the bubbles worked up with this yarn. It fits wonderfully and I've even cast on for the second sock. I'm going to have to make another pair. My DF Selena saw them the other night at the baseball game when I was working on them and expressed an interest in obtaining a pair for herself. I bought the last skein of this colorway at KnitWitz for her and I'll make them since she doesn't knit. Of course, I'm trying to get her to come learn to knit. I think it would be good for her to help her relax. I'll have to try again.

Also worked some on my cropped cardigan. Almost have that last sleeve done. No pictures, since it's almost impossible to take a picture of yourself in a garment.

That's it for today. I hope everyone here in the U.S. took time out to remember those who have served our country in the Armed Forces, and those who continue to serve. Living in a "Navy town", and having a brother who served in the Navy and now a nephew who is active duty, tends to make you more aware of the sacrifices made by the people who serve and by their families. We owe them our thanks and appreciation for all they do. If you know someone who has ever served in the military, take time this week to thank them.

3 comments:

  1. Those socks turned out so awesome. I might have to make a pair of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still amazed at how great that sock yarn looks with that pattern compared to the other pattern you were using!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...