Thursday, May 15, 2008

A bit of catching up

I don't want to take a whole lot of time, so this may be kind of short. I do want to show you a few things that I've actually finished!

First, I actually finished the knitting of this bag at least a year ago, maybe more. Then it took me awhile to get it felted. Then it's sat for months waiting to have the straps sewn on. Today I sat down and did them. I'm calling it "Brown Goes to Market". The pattern was free when I bought some yarn at the Knitting Emporium in Kennesaw, GA. It's a mixture of Cascade wools and some specialty fibers. It was a fairly simple project. I even made some other things to go with it, but they haven't been felted. Maybe this weekend I'll get that done. I love these colors and it's meant to be a project bag.


The next picture is of my completed "I Dreamed of Africa" socks. Aren't they lovely? They are much prettier in person. They are made with Shaeffer Anne, and I have no idea what the color name is. I have almost a half a skein of the Anne left, at least that's what I think. I've got to weigh it and see. I might have enough to make some other socks with, or do something fun with.

They really do make me think of Africa, with all the reds, browns and tans and then the blue of the sky peeping through. The only part of Africa I've seen in Egypt, yes, part is actually in Africa, but I would like to go to more of the continent. Until then I can wear my socks and dream.

I'm taking a few days to relax and hopefully get some things done that I've been putting off. Mostly some cleaning and some finishing of projects. If I do manage to do more finishing, I'll be sure to post some pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! Especially like the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag and those socks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! That bag is stunning. I know I don't usually go for the browns, but with the blue & green, it looks great!! You have such a good color sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is beautiful! I'm glad that you sewed on the handles so that you can use it. I can't wait to see everything you accomplish this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the socks are beautiful.
    Thanks for knitting them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...