Saturday, May 17, 2008

New socks coming

I've had this problem.
I have this beautiful sock yarn in great garnet & gold colors. If you are an FSU alumni/fan like myself these colors come in hand during the year. They also happen to be the colors of Gryffindor, so that's wonderful too. This yarn is beautiful and so nice to work with and I really want to make socks out of it.

First I tried thisDSCN2855


The pattern is called Reversi and when completed should be completely reversible. Love the pattern, just not in this yarn.

Yesterday I went to my favorite LYS and sat around knitting with a few others. One of the things on my list was to rip this sock out and reball the yarn. Surprisingly I actually remembered and did it. That left me with what to do with the yarn. What sock did I want to make?

One of my friends had made a suggestion, which I liked, but then after looking at the pattern, and a few others in my very large queue in Ravelry I thought maybe, just maybe the Bremen sock by Wolkistchens Musterseite would work. (Yeah, if you clicked through the link you might notice that the site is written in German. However, Brenda has .pdf files of her patterns in English for those of us who are not German speakers.) After a brief online consultation with my favorite LYS owner I decided to go ahead and cast on for them and see if it would work. Something to do while watching the shows I'd taped earlier in the night.

This is what I've got so far.
I think we have a winner! Love the way the yarn is pooling with this pattern. I'm hoping to get to go to a couple of ACC Baseball Tournament games next weekend. I have a feeling these will be going with me if I do. Knitting socks at baseball games looks mighty fun!

I did have a small finish last night, but it needs a strap so I'm waiting for a picture.

3 comments:

  1. oooh! Pretty socks! Can't wait to see them in person. :) (much better choice than the original pattern you were knitting, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is definitely looking much better with the new pattern! What a difference!

    Jackie
    JackieCastsOn Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking AWESOME!!! Yes, much better than what I had suggested, I think!!

    Are you going to be an extra-helpful knitter and let us know how long the color repeats are on the yarn, your gauge and how many stitches you cast on? =>

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...