Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is what happens...

...when you go to your favorite knitting store and have had a couple of "difficult" days.
That's right you purchase yarn to make socks. The yarn on the left is some lovely Rowan Calmer for a pair of socks I found in a British Knitting mag, Knit Today issue 9. They used a lovely lavender shade, but since I'm more a blue person, I went with this light blue. In the picture it looks a little more teal then it is in person.

The yarn on the right is some hand-dyed from HandKraft. All of them were lovely, but I'd seen the pictures on her blog and I was fairly sure I was going to like the "Say What!" color-way best. It turns out I was right. So home it came. I'm going to be a sock wearing fool at some point. Or all my friends are going to have lovely handmade socks for presents.

I think I'm about "packed" to leave in the morning. I have some things I have to do before I can leave, but I think I'll have time. I'm looking forward to the family reunion Saturday. I don't know as much about that part of my family, so it's great to go and meet and learn about everyone. Hopefully when I get home I'll have some good news to report about my HP Sock and my final ornament!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the yarn. Love the sock pattern!! I may have to hunt down that magazine. I did a double take when I saw the "Say What!" yarn. I bought some that is soo similar when I was in Highlands. You just have such good color taste. ;) I was thinking Monkey socks for mine...or else possibly a lace shawl...not sure if I have enough.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes... been looking at that magazine and wondering if it was worth the investment... evidently I decided one issue too late that it was (*sniff*).... Have to check out the current one at ye olde B&N.

    Have a great trip to Wild, Wonderful WV. Not too long till we'll see you in the ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's some beautiful yarn that you got - I'm really curious to see how it'll knit up!
    Have a great and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...