Sunday, April 10, 2011

SBQ: April Question

Do you keep records of your finishes?  We are so lucky to have so many record-keeping tools at our disposal to record our accomplishments.  So if you do, what recording methods do you use?  What do you think is important to record when you've finished a design? 



For years I used a program called CrossMagic to keep track of my stitching patterns, projects that I've started (and finished), floss and silk threads. Unfortunately the owner of this program hasn't made any updates so it doesn't work on my newest laptop. For now I managed to upload the pattern and project data to Excel so I can keep it up there until I can maybe build a new database for me to use. This final part could take awhile. I've taken a beginning SQL class online but that was a year ago and since I haven't really used it a lot I've probably forgotten most of it. I figure I can get a good book to help me remember and get it all worked out.

5 comments:

  1. My problem with all those programs is the end-user. I get behind and then it is too intimidating without spending a whole weekend catching up and then my procrastination kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should keep track of things but don't. Definitely something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep track of my knitting projects on Ravelry but don't do anything for stitching or quilting. I've heard of some stitchers who track how much time they spend stitching a particular project - that would be too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's basically what my blog is for, record keeping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, crap. Are you telling me CrossMagic doesn't work on Win7? Or is it that Mac you have?? You know you can get a Windows emulator for the Mac, right? Then you could still run CrossMagic...just saying. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...