Friday, April 8, 2011

Finally A Book I Really Liked

Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1)Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was a very nice surprise, partly because I've been reading a lot of ok but not good much less great books and partly because I really wasn't expecting to like it quite as much as I did. If I could give it 4.5 starts I would.



Rachel Morgan is the kind of character I like in my paranormal with a bit of thriller books. She's surprisingly more "human" than "witch" and she doesn't even realize it. She's tough, but a bit vulnerable. And she's honest, and steadfast (which is not a word you see often but I think it describes her perfectly.) She certainly can get herself into some interesting situations, living in an old church with a vamp qualifies as interesting in my book. Throw in some pixies in the garden, an old witch across the street, a rat turned human (or would that be a human turned rat turned human), a very interesting bad guy (or is he the really bad guy?), some more really mean witches and a demon and it's a fun ride from start to finish.



I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of secrets all the characters really have as this series progresses because that's what's going to make this all very interesting.

I downloaded a free copy of this book from Amazon to my Kindle.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...