Thursday, May 21, 2009

Becoming a hermit


I feel like that's what I've become over the last couple of weeks and maybe more like the little guy up there then I'd like. Between the upper respiratory infection and the medicine I got last week after the first antibiotic didn't do anything to cure me. Then this week came and with it the rain. And by rain I mean get out the boat because the creek is gonna flood. It's rained continuously since Monday or maybe Sunday evening, I'm not even sure any more. I so want to get out, but don't dare because of how I've been feeling.

The good news is I think this last round of $6 per pill WITH insurance antibiotic is actually working. It makes me sick to my stomach so food hasn't been my friend, but I'm to the point that I just want the URI gone so I'm willing to deal with the yucky stomach. That leads to more good news since I can't take my RA meds when I'm on a antibiotic. If all goes well I'll take the last antibiotic Friday and can then go back on the RA meds. After not taking them for 3 weeks I'm feeling the pain again which just isn't fun and is the bad news.

The other good thing is I managed to finish a scarf I've been working on and did finish the top of a box from one of the classes I took in Oct. But even this hasn't made me feel as happy as I had hoped. Hopefully when I'm feeling better my mood will improve. But right now I don't even feel like being around that many people. I'm supposed to have dinner Friday with friends. Last week I didn't feel like going to meet my knitting buddies nor to go Sunday to the stitching group I belong to. I'm hoping that this Friday I'll feel better and won't miss dinner with my friends. We all haven't been together in a couple of months and I know we have a lot to talk about.

Sorry this post sounds so depressed. But some days I'm not the happy girl and this seems to be one of those days. Tomorrow I'll try and get some pictures of projects and show you some pretty pictures.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you're right poorly, Teresa. Hope you are on the road to recovery now and you feel better real soon.

    Sending kind thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa we missed you - We did have a great weekend from knitting to shopping, hooking, stitching - Karen and I even made an impromptu visit to Hanks before going to Palatka - Lets just say I was one tired puppy this week and not to mention the RAIN - we've had 12+ inches in OP - I'm so afraid some of those oaks are going to come down - hope you'll be feeling better soon and we get to spend some time together soon - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I'm so sorry that you're feeling so poorly. I would make it better in a minute if I could.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...