Friday, May 22, 2009

And then there was knitting

I have been knitting a lot lately. Even sick I've managed to pick up and work on something daily. Here's a run down of what I've been working on lately.

First the lace piece from the cruise.

Then there's some socks that I actually finished.These are my "O Dublin" socks. Pattern "Dublin Bay Socks" (you'll have to scroll down and find the link for the .pdf on her blog. I used a skein of Politically Incorrect yarn I had in my stash called "It's All About the O". I love how they turned out. The pattern really worked well with the yarn or is it the other way around? Either way, they are really pretty and very comfortable.

Been working on the scarf that is beyond addictive. I'm using Noro Silk Garden and Noro Yuzen. I finished it the other night and got a picture of it today. It's so hard to show this off. It's a whole lot prettier in person. Plus it's a really quick knit. I might make another couple of these with some other yarn that has a similar color change and give them as gifts.

Haven't worked on my sweater lately, but need to pick it up and try and get it finished. I lost some steam with the cruise.

Have started another pair of socks. The pattern is so easy, but looks beautiful for all it's simplicity.The pattern is Harris Tweed, and I think it would make a great men's pair of socks, but I'm using it for myself. It's easy to remember the pattern, which is nice for socks that have seen the inside of 2 dr. offices in the last 2 weeks. Using Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in Cranberries and some new square shaped cable needles. The square needles are supposed to be easier on your hands, and I have noticed that my hands don't get as tired working with them.

Last, but not least, is a mobius scarf I'm working on as a gift. I'm using the Fibonacci Moebius pattern (that link is for Ravelry and if you knit and aren't a member, well you should be). I'm using 3 different yarns for this one because I wanted some extra color. I hope the recipient will like it.

That about covers the knitting of late. Kind of all over the place, but that's nothing new for me. I'm trying to come up with some things I can make for presents and I'm trying to knit from my stash some. Hopefully that will continue to go well.

5 comments:

  1. your WIP's look awesome Teresa - I have been knitting a lot lately too but also trying to keep the needle moving on my sampler rotation. Need to pull some loops this weekend in one of my rugs.
    Yeah - did you read on my blog the rain rain woes from my side of the county? I'm turning into a mushroom and it doesn't look like there is any end in site. Have a great Memorial Day weekend - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great, love the purple socks

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your knitting is beautiful! Your Noro scarf has inspired me to do my own as a gift for DH. I hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how the lace develops. LOVE how the Noro scarf is turning out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...