Saturday, August 30, 2008

So, in some ways there's been a lot happening around here, and in others not much. Here's a quick rundown

1. At some point during TS Fay, or maybe just after I'm not exactly sure, our big screen TV decided to quit. Just quit. It turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on. Kind of rude if you ask me, but then again it is just a TV. That meant moving my small 20-something inch TV from my room to our Great room/Family room. The other TV was 50", let's just say it was not fun trying to watch TV on that small TV in that BIG room. Finally Thursday I found out that there was no getting it fixed for less then $400 and to be honest, that just wasn't
a good investment. So I started researching and finally decided we should purchase this. (We paid considerably less then what they show as the MSRP, I can shop if nothing else.) This meant we also are going to make some changes to our cable and our phone. We've never had digital cable, just didn't convert, so now we'll get that with HD and all that comes with it, plus switch phones as well. We'll end up saying about $40 a month, which I just can't imagine, but that's what I've discovered.

2. I've been stitching. Working on my Halloween Fairy. She looks so pretty. There is an outside chance that I'll actually finish her before Halloween this year. Stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed.

3. Had a lovely, and very lively, dinner at my friends Don & Lynn's house last night. It was a reunion of sort of our group that used to do a Bible study together. We're missing one couple who currently live in TX, but we ended up calling them at some point during the night. We always have a great time together and this was no exception. There was great food (salad w/all the fixings, pork roast, fried chicken, cheesy hashbrown bake and desert) and good drink. Joyce always brings good wine and this dinner was no exception, plus Bill & Jen brought a bottle, but I didn't have any of that. We don't get together as much as we used to, but when we do...well, it's just fun.


4. Still looking for a job. Have to call a recruiter back Monday. Hopefully she'll have something good to tell me.

5. I missed Virtual Birthday. The weather was way too bad for me to attempt to go across the river to join in the fun. I've got to find a time to get with everyone. Won't be next week, but I think the week after will work.

6. Football (American style) seaons has finally started a
gain. Spent as much of today as I could watching games. Have one on now and am listening while I type. Next Saturday begins FSU's season. I'm cautiously optomistic. I think we'll be better this year, but I don't think we're back to being a power-house by any stretch of the imagination. Planning on going to at least a few games this year. More, if I get a job and have some actual funds flowing. Still, it's fun to go to the games and hang out with my fellow 'Noles.

7. Speaking of the Seminoles, this is the clock I received from Mr. J.C.
I really need more bookshelves in my office to be able to show this off to perfection. When I'm his age, he's in his 80's, I want to be as active as he and his lovely bride Mrs. Margaret are.

I think that's the majority of my news. I'm sure there's other things I need to talk about, but that will have to wait until another day. If you live in the U.S. I hope you have a lovely Labor Day.

2 comments:

  1. Woot on the new TV! I'm envious that you'll be watching the Richmond race in HD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new tv, I'm jealous!

    The clock is great, did he make it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...