Friday, August 8, 2008

Another day of vacation

Today we actually went somewhere. Nothing big. First stop was Hobby Lobby. Found a few things I just couldn't live without, mainly yarn for socks or something that can be made from sock yarn. Hey, I still have presents to make.



Then we were off to Tamarack for lunch. If you're ever passing through Beckley, WV on I-77 stop, look around and have lunch or dinner. I highly recommend the fresh mountain trout and the fried green tomatoes! Plus, if you like greens they have fantastic kale. Didn't purchase anything, but had fun looking. Everything there is crafted by a resident of WV and there's plenty of different things to choose from.



From there we headed to the cemetery to make sure both of my grandmothers' and my Aunt Grace had flowers at their sites. My maternal grandmother's flower holder is broken, again. My aunt will be dealing with that after we leave.



Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow. Oh, and I've figured out that this works fine as long as I don't try to include pictures, so you'll have to wait until I get home for those.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! Trout and fried green tomatoes...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo Tamarack! I wish that I could have had lunch with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Beckley. You're positively in civilization! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...