Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let the Games begin!

As you probably know the Olympics began today, which is now yesterday. What you may not know is the Ravelympics also began. For some crazy reason I decided I needed to join in the mayhem and fun. Thus I began yet another new project, which if all goes as planned will be finished when they extinguish the flame in 17 days.



As I said yesterday, I decided on a shawl that I'll crochet. If I've counted correctly I'll need to finish 5 motifs each day. Should be doable, even with a travel day thrown in. I managed to finish my quota tonight while ohhh-ing and ahhhh-ing over the opening ceremonies. I've got a picture, but you won't see it until I can get home and download and can have actual internet access. Would it be cruel to say it already looks fab?!?!



Today we went to visit my cousin Kathy. She had a bag of yarn to give me for my Victory Junction afghan endeavor. Then we went to the new Amish Barn where we scored some great cheese, some canned apple rings and some pickled brussel spouts. (Yes, I'll eat anything that isn't a bean or a pea!) Worked on daddy's sock while in the car. Managed to get the heel turned, now to pick up the gusset stitches.



That about covers Friday's adventures. Tomorrow we're headed to Hinton and that area. I think we might even manage to get to the pottery studio of a local woman who does some amazing stuff.....oh and she's blind. I've been trying to get to her studio ever since Jeff Deihl told me about her. My aunt has said that tomorrow is the day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about scoring lots of things... but not cheese?!? I'm thinking definitely not Stinking Bishop, Wallace & Gromit fans (it is a real one tho').

    Lots of pics of wonderful pottery please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY understand how you can score cheese!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...