Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It was a busy weekend

DF Jill was in town this weekend and we used almost every minute doing something fun. From having a wonderful dinner with friends we used to work with, to stitching and knitting with other friends, we were busy, busy, busy!

That being said, I have no pictures, so you'll have to head over to Jill's blog to see a few that she took over the weekend.

There is no rest for the weary. I'm heading to NC on Wednesday for my first college roommate's wedding in Lenoir. I'll spend the night with DF Judy on Wednesday night, since I'm flying into Greensboro and Judy is conveniently located in said city. Then Thur. morning I'll drive over to Lenoir for the festivities. I'm very excited to get to spend some time with Maria before the wedding. We haven't actually seen each other in several years, but do a pretty good job of keeping in touch. I'm sure I'll have pictures from that weekend when I return.

Tonight I spent some time working on a little something for the bride-to-be. I haven't done any beading in awhile, but I wanted Maria to have something special, so I asked her what she was planning to do with her hair. Seems she's not having a full veil, so I asked if she'd like some "hair jewels" to put a little sparkle and add something to her "do". She apparently trusts me to do something that she'll like so I'm making her some pins. I'm not going to put pictures up until after the wedding. She might be reading this and I don't want to spoil the surprise. I think they look lovely, and I hope she'll like them. I plan on getting a picture of her hair when it's all done and they are in. Won't that be something different?

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like being with friends while stitching or knitting. It sounds like you had a fun time.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the pretties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the picture - and make sure someone takes a pic of you in your dress too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...