Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No pictures, just a resumé

I know I promised that once I'd attached the two parts of my Mrs. Beeton wristwarmers I'd take a picture and show you. But I didn't even get to that until really late tonight so no picture. What did I do with my day you ask? I rewrote my resumé, that's what I did.

I've been saying I'm going to update my resumé for at least a month now, ok longer. Long enough that I called my good friend and "keeper of the hard copy of my resumé", Michele to get said hard copy. That was months ago. Apparently I put it in a very safe place because for the last month, when I got really serious about updating it and trying to find a new job, I couldn't find it. I also couldn't find the copy I had on disk. Believe me, I've looked. Today was the day I had to get it done. So I took one more look at my old 3 1/2 inch diskettes. You remember those, don't you? We were all so excited when they arrived on the scene, almost indestructible and small. I still have some in a case in my office. Why I've kept them I'm not sure since my current computer can't read them. Lucky for me, my laptop which is several years older does have a drive for them since today I found my resumé on one of them!

So, my drama is over. I found it, I've updated it and I've even sent it off in the hopes that I'm the perfect candidate for a job here in town. Short term, consulting job doing what I used to do, which is Quality Assurance and testing of software. Tomorrow I'll be talking to the consulting firm I'd actually be working for. We'll see what they think and go from there.

Let me just say that it's nice to have friends who support you and are willing to help you when you need it. The whole reason I even know about this potential job is because of a friend and the only reason my resume looks as good as it does is because of friends who helped me out today with wording. I admit that I'm pretty confident in my abilities, those of you who know me in "real life" know that. (My friend Kathe says it's because I'm a Cancer...ok, that works for me.) But when it comes to writing down what I do, or what I've done, I can tell you, but I can't seem to make it sound right on paper, or really on a resumé. So, to Kathe and Heather who helped me today; talked me off a ledge in some respects, I send my thanks and gratitude. You are both great and I'm proud to be your friend. (Enough mushy!)

Tomorrow I'll make time to take a picture of the Mrs. Beeton's. They are so adorable. I'm totally in love with this first one. Oh, and pictures of some of my other projects that need updating too.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your meet goes well. Fingers 'n' things crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definite good thoughts on the interview! I'm sure that he will be dazzled. Hurry up and get a job so that you can come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smooches!! You had a great start to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the job search Teresa. I find the whole job search/interviewing thing very stressful. I'm in I.T. myself so I know how it is . We know a lot but sometimes it's hard to learn how to represent your assets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...