Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Vacation Cut Short

Unfortunately my trip to Atlanta was cut a little short because of the weather, but at least I got to go and have some fun with everyone up there. As usual DF Jean was a fantastic hostess. You know you're going to have a good time when this is what you find on your bed.
IMG_0217
Yep, that's some Tony Stewart swag! Those who know me and kept track of my crazy attempt to get a copy of that calendar know that I ended up with 2 of them, plus this one that Jean ordered for me. I took one to my LYS to share the yumminess. I'm not sure where I'm going to put this one, but I'm sure I'll find a place! The picture isn't great since I took it on my iPhone, not sure why I didn't pull out the actual camera, silly me.

The weekend was mostly a lot of hanging out with friends, eating and stitching. Thursday night we headed over to Andy's for some fantastic turkey soup, birthday cake for Jean and stitching. Then on Friday it was all about hanging out at Jean's. We did a little beading...after I did some organizing of Jean's beading stash. There was some stitching and of course eating. Friday is when they started talking about all the snow and ice Atlanta was going to be getting. At first it didn't sound that bad, but it kept getting worse and when Delta started canceling flights and offering to switch people's flights for free, well I decided I should be a little proactive and get my Monday afternoon flight switched to Sunday morning so I could get home before I leave again for AZ. I'm really glad I did since the flight home had very few people on it and I'm not camping out at the airport. Plus I got to take my mom for an early birthday dinner.

Saturday was DF Jean's birthday and we had a great dinner with lots of friends at a great Chinese restaurant. It's always good to be with everyone and this was no exception. I'm not sure why we didn't get a group picture, but we didn't. Maybe next time.

I did some stitching while I was up there. I took several things with me, mostly new starts. Got around to starting three new pieces, which are going into my personal 2011 challenge.

The first is the one I'm doing a SAL with Jean & DF Ann. The Drawn Thead's Alphabets is such a beautiful piece.  (You'll have to follow the link to see what it looks like when finished.) I'd love to say that I'll have this one finished by the end of the year, but I'm not that crazy, and I know myself. I have a plan that if I actually follow it will get me to that goal, but I have a feeling that at some point during the year I'll fall off the wagon, so to speak, and something else will grab my attention. But on to the picture of what I did finish while I was in Atlanta.
copy write The Drawn Thread
I've been working on this today while doing some laundry and trying to not get sick. (Yes, I managed to pick up some bug while I was gone, or more likely I had it when I left.) I'd love to finish this top alphabet this month. Like I said, I have a plan and that's the first month's goal. I think it's doable, so we'll see what happens.

The next piece I started while gone is another big one. Anniversaries of the Heart from Blackbird Designs is my poison of choice this time. I opted to do all the parts on one large piece of fabric. I'm working on a piece of 35ct linen to keep it from being TOO large. I love how it looks, but so far there isn't much to see, especially since what I have done is very light and doesn't show up well when I've tried to photograph it.
That's the best I've been able to do. This will be January's block. I'm working who who it will include. I know my mom will be there since her birthday was Monday. I'm trying to decide whether to have this be just family, or family and friends. I figure I have some time to decide.

I actually have more to show, but I started this post on Monday and it's Wednesday evening and I really need to finish getting packed to leave for Mesa, AZ in the morning. I'll leave you with this little tidbit.

By Milady's Needle, this is the beginning of Margaret W. Brown. I promise I'll tell you more when I get a chance. But now I'm off to get my final items packed and hopefully get a few hours of sleep before I have to be on a plane at 6:50AM!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time. Penny and I still haz a sad that you had to leave. Of course, we still haz a sad because we're stir crazy after being trapped in the house for 3 days (going on 4 tomorrow...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some lovely WIPs there, I really like the DT piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I admit it, I have no clue who Tony Stewart is,... I assume a NASCAR guy? ;)

    Nice WIPs! I am enjoying my AotH piece, too. It's fun to decide who goes into each block!

    Sorry to hear your trip was cut short, but I'm glad that you enjoyed what time you were able to spend with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - doesnt know who Tony Stewart is??? Who do you hang out with??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...