Just a few things to update those who might be interested about what's been going on.
- Thursday was my 2nd appointment with the Rheumatologist. She looked at the x-rays of my hands and was very happy with how they looked. Apparently there is no joint damaged yet. So, now we can start treatment. I'll be starting Methotrexate, a DMARD (disease-modifying antirheumatic drug) at the end of next week. Methotrexate is considered an aggressive treatment for RA, so I'm happy with her decision and the information she gave me. I'll go back to her in 7 weeks and we'll see how things are progressing. Until then I'll continue to take Prednasone and sometimes the Mobic (for pain mostly) along with the Methotrexate and folic acid.
- For someone who has never been good at taking lots of medicine for an extended period of time, on a schedule, this is going to be harder then it seems.
- My new sweater is coming along, have about 10 cm of the back done, need 30 before I start the next section. Right now I can work on it without a pattern, love that kind of pattern.
- Went yesterday with DF Melody to the local ANG meeting. I enjoyed myself. Even worked on the canvas piece I've had a few years. I managed to finish up 2 of the squares on it. I'll have to get a picture this week and post it. I thought I might start my FSU Santa canvas, but I didn't. I did get some wonderful help on ideas for stitches. I think it's going to look great. When I start I'll take pictures.
- Today's ReGenesis service was great! Or at least I thought it was. We had somewhere between 91 and 97 people in attendence. I'm so excited that the service is growing.
- The coming week looks busy. I'm wondering what I'll manage to do, and what I'll have to leave undone. Only time will tell.