Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just stuff

Just a few things to update those who might be interested about what's been going on.

  • Thursday was my 2nd appointment with the Rheumatologist. She looked at the x-rays of my hands and was very happy with how they looked. Apparently there is no joint damaged yet. So, now we can start treatment. I'll be starting Methotrexate, a DMARD (disease-modifying antirheumatic drug) at the end of next week. Methotrexate is considered an aggressive treatment for RA, so I'm happy with her decision and the information she gave me. I'll go back to her in 7 weeks and we'll see how things are progressing. Until then I'll continue to take Prednasone and sometimes the Mobic (for pain mostly) along with the Methotrexate and folic acid.
  • For someone who has never been good at taking lots of medicine for an extended period of time, on a schedule, this is going to be harder then it seems.
  • My new sweater is coming along, have about 10 cm of the back done, need 30 before I start the next section. Right now I can work on it without a pattern, love that kind of pattern.
  • Went yesterday with DF Melody to the local ANG meeting. I enjoyed myself. Even worked on the canvas piece I've had a few years. I managed to finish up 2 of the squares on it. I'll have to get a picture this week and post it. I thought I might start my FSU Santa canvas, but I didn't. I did get some wonderful help on ideas for stitches. I think it's going to look great. When I start I'll take pictures.
  • Today's ReGenesis service was great! Or at least I thought it was. We had somewhere between 91 and 97 people in attendence. I'm so excited that the service is growing.
  • The coming week looks busy. I'm wondering what I'll manage to do, and what I'll have to leave undone. Only time will tell.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful week. I promise some pictures of what I worked on yesterday and the framed "Little Green Acorns" later this week.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for a treatment plan!!! I know it will help you feel better!

    Hope to see you Friday! I'll be gone the entire following week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot for the treatment plan!

    And yes, we need pictures of the framed masterpiece...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got a treatment plan you're happy with!! And especially that there is no joint damage yet. I'm pretty sure preventing damage is more efficient than reversing it ( if it can be reversed at all) I wish I had a suggestion as to taking meds, I'm horrible at remembering mine.

    Have a great week---- wITING FOR PICTURES!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed the ANG stitch in Teresa - you will be a welcome addition if you decide to join us.

    so glad the treatment and prognosis looks good for the RA

    We're all praying for you!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are happy with your RA plan!!

    10cm? cm??? I had to do a mental conversion.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo on the treatment plan--I hope it works well for you!

    The ANG meeting sounds like a lot of fun. Melody always seems to have some place interesting to go to. :)

    I can't wait to see your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I'm DaisyGirl Stitching, I found your blog while blog hopping. I have RA too, make sure you ask for something for the nauseous from the methotraxate. It causes me to throw up, I spent 4 weeks feeling bad before I aked my RA doctor what could I take to help with being nauseous, she gave me a prescription that I now take when I take the metho. Good luck with your treatment plan :)
    DaisyGirl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...