Saturday, March 14, 2009

I was due a new start

Seriously, I was. Not a start that HAS to be finished, but one that I want to do for me. It all started on a trip to Barnes & Noble. Really I shouldn't be allowed in there by myself, although I don't really have friends who can oversee me, or themselves for that matter. So, on my trip I managed to score several knitting magazines (and a book of course). Amongst the magazines is one I've never purchase. It's from the UK and it had the most adorable items in it, including this one...

Empire Line Top

The first think you'll notice, especially if you know me well, is the color of the yarn I chose. Although it kind of looks purple, it's more rose colored. I will admit that the yarn co. calls it "Orchid" so maybe it is kind of purple. Anyway, it's lovely. AslanTrends Glaciar del Cielo . So soft too. I love how wonderful it is to work with and that it's cotton so I can wear it almost all year long here. I'm actually changing the size a little, since I'm afraid it wouldn't fit unless I did. Just went up 1 size from the largest size listed. Would be wonderful to have this finished to wear on the cruise at the end of next month, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Also got these lovelies for a purse in the latest Debbie Bliss magazine.
I might even start it this weekend. We'll see how things go. I really need to get the baby present I'm working on finished before the baby is born and is too big to wear what I'm making!

4 comments:

  1. I'm seriously addicted to one of the British Knitting Mags - I can't be trusted in Borders.

    Gorgeous yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help you not buy anything at B&N!

    Can't wait to see your progress on the new sweater. It's going to be GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends who can't oversee your or themselves?

    I resemble that remark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jean stole my line LOL

    I thought she was speaking of me

    Great choice for new start - LOVE IT! Mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...