Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rainy Saturday

It's been a really rainy Saturday today which means I've been pretty lazy. Really haven't done much all day except catch up on some TV I had recorded and knit. So, what am I knitting on you ask? I've been spending most of my knitting time on two different shawls. I don't have up to date pictures on either, but I'll let you see what I have. I was going to take a new picture of both, but my camera is hiding after being on vacation. I really hope I didn't leave it in the hotel.

First up:
DSCN1223

This is my take on Natalie Servant's Eiffel Tower shawl. It was a challenge during July for the Tour de France. I didn't finish, but I did actually start the second repeat of Chart 2 today. I'm doing the 5 arch version, which is actually 5 arches on each of 2 sides. The yarn was a gift from DF Jennifer who I "hang out with" (in an online chat) most Sunday afternoons as we watch NASCAR. Check out both of her blogs here and here to see what yarny goodness she's up to. Oh, the yarn is called Yarn Chef and I adore it. It's lace weight and so yummy to work with since it's got some silk in it. I can't wait to see the drape on this when it's finished.

The other shawl I've been working on is this one:
Knitting 007
This is Cambria Wrap that I'm doing in some lovely yarn I scored when I went to Stitches South. (Oh, I haven't talked about that have I? Well maybe I'll do a single post on trips and what I scored later.) Anyway, the yarn is from Knitting Notions and it's fingering weight. (Classic Merino Superwash Sock in "In the Light" colorway)  I love the colors and bought enough for this pattern when I saw it. This is a very simple pattern that was easy to memorize and has been my travel, or non-thinking, piece for awhile now. I wanted it nice and long so I could wrap it around me on cool evenings, because I live in hope that it will eventually cool off, plus I think long wraps are elegant and make jeans look dressed up. So, I'm using 2 skeins and it's going to be perfect. I've actually started and second skein and am making nice progress. Especially since I haven't really knit on it regularly.

There's more, I finished Traveling Woman made with some wonderful yarn from Sanguine Gryffon called Kypria. I don't have a finished picture of that either, so you'll just have to wait.

Time to head out for dinner so enjoy the pictures and send good thoughts my way so I'll find my camera.

6 comments:

  1. 2 posts in as many days!! wow!

    love the shawls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shawls! It sounds like you had a restful Saturday. I've been thinking of casting on for something new but trying to resist as I want to knit Per Terras since it has my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawls look beautiful Teresa - I am wanting to start Eiffel Tower as well - I'll have to get your take on the amount of brain power it takes - I rarely have much to spare these days LOL - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like buses you wait ages and then two blog posts come along together!

    I trust you're paying your model union rates..? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back in blogland--and with such great shawls, too. Looking forward to seeing more updates!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...