Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blog Eye Candy

I know, it took me long enough, but finally some pictures.

Let's start with the most recently completed piece of stitching.
Halloween Fairy
by Mirabilia


I made a few changes. First, this is stitched on a hand-dyed fabric in my stash and that meant I had to change one of the orange colors in her dress. I found some beautiful fabric and I'll be making a stand-up box out of her. She should be finished in time to be admired during October.

I don't think I mentioned before, but while we were in WV on vacation, my Mom, Aunt and I went out shopping through some of the antique shops. While this is not an antique it was something that I knew would be very handy to store yarn and would look pretty somewhere in the house. Mom thought it would make a great birthday present. We were both right! It's not where it will end up, but it does look pretty in the corner of the dining room. (And before someone asks, no that's not all of my yarn stash, but the 2nd tier holds all the yarn for my Great American Aran Afghan that I'm working on.)

I do know I mentioned going to Atlanta and spending part of my time stitching with a group of friends there. Well, we do more then stitch...
This was lunch on Saturday, or at least part of lunch. That green stuff is mint pesto left over from the previous evenings Harry Potter part at chez Lott made by the very talented Chef Andy. It was beyond YUM.

We also exchanged our ornament kits.That's what it looks like all lined up before "Santa" hands out the goodies.

There are actually some "ornamentfied" pieces on the tree, but they are hard to pick out. Most of us managed to finish stitching our ornaments and that was good enough to decorate the tree with.

Come back tomorrow for pictures of some of my current knitting WIPS.

6 comments:

  1. First off...love the new blog look!

    I love your Halloween fairy and I definitely need a that set of baskets!

    What's a stand up box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that fairy is gorgeous!! you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fairy is so adorable! I've decorated Lexie's bedroom with fairies and butterflies--they're my favorites. And that basket stand looks really handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog look! :)

    So when are you coming back to the ATL??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I agree - your new look is very nice and the Halloween Fairy looks gorgeous. Love your basket thingy - reminds me of those from Lantern Moon - very nice to display your stashed yarns. The ornie exchange club looks like such fun. Glad to see you back among the bloggers. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish!! The Halloween Fairy looks great. Clearly you should have bought more of those baskets to sell!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...