Saturday, March 24, 2007

Monkey Sock progression

My dear friend Jill gave me a skein of Jitterbug for Christmas in the Jay colorway. It's not only beautiful to look at, but it's beautiful to just hold! After much holding and stroking of the yarn, I decided I'd use it to make the very popular Monkey Sock from Knitty. Started it, and was going along nicely, until I tried it on after putting the heel in. Seems 6 repeats is a little to tall for me, at least for this sock and for this yarn. So I ripped it back to the end of the 4th repeat and started the heel again. Why am I talking about this now? Because Friday night at the knit-in I pulled it out to work on it and I think, just maybe, I'm almost ready to put the toe on. I give you this as proof...I'm very excited. I love this sock pattern. I want to get this pair done so I can work on some others. I've been looking at some of the different sock yarns and there are some beautiful colors. I know that I live in Florida, but I happen to live in N. Florida, where it actually does get cold enough to wear socks, especially with clogs, which I live in during the fall and winter. Of course, it's already warm here now, but that doesn't seem to be stopping my enthusiasm for sock knitting.

Went today to pick up new sunglasses, the perscription kind. Since I'm not wearing my contacts as much as I have in the past, I decided to splurge for a new pair. I love them! Plus, it's nice to be able to actually see the street signs when I'm driving during the day.

No stitching or knitting so far today, and not likely that I'll do any since it's so late. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to relax and work on something fun. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. I love them!! But I couldn't find them on knitty...do they have a different name??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's what they are called. I'll put a link to that pattern, but just in case, you can find them in the Winter 2006 issue.

    http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter06/PATTmonkey.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...