Monday, January 14, 2013

What's this "finishing" they speak of?

Actually I have finished a couple of things during 2012, and I plan on trying to finish a lot more in 2013. Let's get to what I actually accomplished...



Ok, so it's not a ton of stuff, but that's ok too. I finished one thing that had been in my WIPs for a very long time and two new things. Plus there's the "finishing-finishing" I did!

From left to right starting at the top: Winter Garden Gate (Moss Creek Designs), FSU seal (no idea the designer), Noel Ornament ( ??? ), Rose (no idea the designer), Feathered-Friends Santa (HeathStrings/The Artists Collection, JSC 2005 Orny edition), HallowEden (Plum Street Samplers), Noel (painted canvas), Long May She Wave (Ellen Chester).

I included some things that I'm fairly certain I finished stitching before 2012 but did the actual finishing this year like the FSU seal and the Rose. The other ornaments I finished stitching this year and wow, even did the finishing for two of them.

Winter Garden Gate has been in my WIPs pile for a long time. I even tried to finish it as a SAL with DF Heather a few years ago. Getting it completed in 2012 was fantastic. That makes 3 of the 5 Gates that Rae designed are complete and a wall in my house. When Heather came down to go to the Sun Region EGA stitching weekend with me last year we started another gate. Sadly I haven't worked on it since.

With everything that went on in 2012 I'm pretty impressed I managed to do all this. I'm looking forward to 2013 and getting a few other things out of my WIP pile and hopefully some more ornaments finished. I've actually got a box full of ornaments I've stitched but haven't finished. I think I need some "finishing" days this year.

Thus ends my look back at 2012. Now to look forward!

4 comments:

  1. You had a great 2012 and 2013 has started off with a bang! I need to find some mojo like you've found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic finishes, Teresa! Wow, you go girl! I didn't have such a hot 2012 but am hoping for better things in 2013. I hope you have a great year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects and finishes! I love Halloweden. I am looking forward to seeing what you stitch this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...